The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello to all (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VincentC
View Profile
New user
itinerant
20 Posts

Profile of VincentC
Hey,

First off, this is an amazing site and I am incredibly happy I stumbled across it. Let's see, I'm 25, and probably like a lot of people I had the usual interest in magic when I was a kid, especially after I found the magic shop downtown. Let me tell you, once I found that place, it sucked up every bit of money I could weasel out of my parents for a few weeks. I did the usual, bought a gimmick and then showed it to everyone I could thinking it was hot ****; my interest came to a rather disappointing halt when Sister Joan found me in the 7th grade classroom with a finger guillotine and promptly took it from me with the promise that I'd never see it again.

So, fast forward to about year ago(there is wayyy too long of a gap between 7th grade and now, sadly, I think I'm even starting to lose my hairline gah), and I got deployed to Iraq, where I found myself with a surprisingly large amount of free time. Asked for a few magic books to be sent to me, and got basically a book version of a kid's magic set from my family(no sleights but some self working stuff and even "math!" magic, hah). Didn't really spark my interest so I didn't do much with it until just about a month ago, when I decided that I wanted to learn these ooh and ahh "sleight of hand" skills that one always hears about. Previously, I just assumed they were incredibly difficult and I wouldn't be able to do that. Now that I have a copy of Bobo's along with the Ammar Intro to Coin Magic DVD I KNOW that they are incredibly difficult Smile. Hah, but I also found out that it's a pretty rewarding feeling and I'm really enjoying it. I'm really looking forward to getting back to Savannah in a couple months and looking up the Hilton Head ring, too.

Anyway, that was kind of long, but hey, I'm on a lunch break and I had fun writing it, so please excuse the length. But like I said at the beginning, this is a really awesome resource and I'm glad to have found you all(lately I actually have to watch myself, since I find myself spending my free time reading all of these boards rather than working on my CP! hah)

-Vincent
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
Hello Vincent, and welcome.

I just joined yesterday, so let's learn from each other - and most importantly have fun. Smile
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Hi Vincent,

Welcome to the Café!

Jim
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Welcome Vincent
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hello, I'm Justin Style. Welcome to the Café!
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
You pretty much summed up the reason why I stay around here mate. It's a fantastic resource. As it may turn out, you may have seen some of my people in Iraq. Hope all goes well for you, so come back and post when you can!
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Coin magic takes a lot of practice but it is very rewarding. I'm Classic palming a coin as I type this. Whenever you have free time, typing or on your lunch break, practice holding a coin in the CP position, typing too, it will make your CP much better over time

And I also wanted to say thanks for serving in iraq, you guys are an inspiriation.
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Vincent, glad to have you. Unlike you, I just started magic AT ALL, but like you, I just found the site recently (yesterday) AND I served in the military. Just left the Navy after 9 years. Take care of yourself over there and look forward to seeing more of you on the boards.
VincentC
View Profile
New user
itinerant
20 Posts

Profile of VincentC
Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement, everyone, I appreciate it. Chappo, very possible, I have seen quite a few aussies here. Actually, there is a pool that the Aussies are in charge of on the next base over that I managed to go to for the first time last week, "Australia Island", hah. Guess you guys know how to have fun regardless of where you are at, luckily for the rest of us Smile
-Vincent
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

Welcome to the Café. Here is a great place to talk about magic and learn new things. You can talk with magicians all around the world. I hope you will enjoy here. Have a nice time. And don't forget to write.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Vincent,
You have nice resume and I enjoyed reading it. Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 36.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello to all (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL