We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Love those hard cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
I just found http://www.vaultz.net that carries a good selection of nice looking hard cases that are great to use. I bought the DVD carrier, Art Case and even the Camera case too. The camera case is for a gag of having a secure looking box that unlocks to pull out a deck of cards.

Anyway, they have a very nice black cloth lining with an adjustable divider that works out great.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13386 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I like 'em too. the locking feature is nice. after a kid's show you can close the lid and *click* they can't get to your props. it's like having your own personal security guard.

I use them for all my shows now.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...Vaultz cases are my favorite!

I use the pencil box all the time as a close up case. Some of the guys in our magic club has even started using it after seeing mine. It will hold a LOT of stuff and is real easy to carry around. Office Depot usually has them in the, you guessed it, pencil / school supplies department for under $10.

http://www.ideastreamproducts.com/vaultz/Pencil.html

Mark. Smile
fxdude
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood
241 Posts

Profile of fxdude
I picked up their gadget case at Best Buy and have been using it for my close up tricks. I took the plastic cases that my coins came in and put velcro on the back. They stick to the soft interior of the lid pretty well.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I bought a Vaultz case around 4-5 years ago. I now use 2 of them. They are fabtastic cases!

Regan
Mister Mystery
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I have been using vaultz cases for 2 years they are great.
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
With so many great responses, it's time to invest me-thinks!
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
One other suggestion I have. I have the Art Supply case I got at Office Max. I took off the Art Paint Pallet design on the cover and covered it with a blown up picture of my business card. It is almost perfect to being porportional with the card and the case. It looks good. The only thing I have to add to the case is a string/stopper so the case doesn't open all the way like a book to lay down flat on the table. This is to keep prying eyes out of the case.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Do they have dividers or is it just an empty case?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
That depends on which model you buy, and what you mean by dividers.

If you mean dividers as you'd find in an electrician's case, no.

If you mean dividers like a mesh pocket, a zipper pocket, an elastic loop, etc. Some do and some don't.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
The dividers that came in my cases are a firm cardboard kindof material covered in the same material that lines the case and there are velcro pieces on the ends to adjust them. the art case has one legnth-wise divider and then a smaller one that branches off of it. The DVD carrier has one divider. You can get a good picture of them on the http://www.vaultz.net. Make sure to check EBAY!! I got the DVD case for 1/2 what it would cost in the store.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
They are very nice cases and useful for smaller prop storage, transportation and management. We did however, have a tech. director at a theatre once think it was a good idea to stand on one...
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
Quote:
On 2008-06-19 17:46, M-Illusion wrote:
They are very nice cases and useful for smaller prop storage, transportation and management. We did however, have a tech. director at a theatre once think it was a good idea to stand on one...

I did the same thing to my first Home Depot Suitcase.

Ha
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Their mini gadget box looks great for close up gigs
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Those are really nice looking cases. Unfortunately I can't get them from my own country.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Love those hard cases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL