The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jimmy Talksalot Arm in Hat - Tech Draft (FREE ebook) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
Hey Jimmy,

Downloaded the e-book, I have a Mac running Leopard. Videos weren't visible with Preview, I downloaded the latest version of Acrobat, the video appeared but needed a media player to view it which isn't available for my system, so I can read the book, but can't watch the videos. (Acrobat for Mac only supports quicktime). In which format are the videos encoded ?

Joe H
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Same here, fortunately the written instructions are really good.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
I know you need to down load adobe, but I'll have to check with doug to help you guys and to know for sure whats going on.

I really believe the notes and videos are the best part.
aiki
View Profile
Regular user
Middletown NY
181 Posts

Profile of aiki
I viewed the notes in both Acrobat and FoxIt. FoxIt just came out with a new version that lets you view embedded videos. FoxIt also has a version for Lunix.

If you are have trouble with Acrobat and you want to take a look at FoxIt, their site is http://www.foxitsoftware.com
Ray K.

Till we meet again!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Cool. Thanks Ray, I'll try that when I get home this evening.
What would Wavy do?
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
Quote:
On 2008-05-09 10:43, jimmy talksalot wrote:
I know you need to down load adobe, but I'll have to check with doug to help you guys and to know for sure whats going on.

That's what I did, but it still says I need a media player, then it gives you a link to download one. But when you go to the download site you get this message.

"We're sorry, but the third-party media player required to play the selected media file in your Adobe PDF document isn't available for your system. No media player will be downloaded at this time.

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional, Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, and Adobe Reader 6.0 for Windows currently support the following media players for playback: Flash, QuickTime, RealPlayer, and Windows Media Player. Acrobat 6.0 and Adobe Reader 6.0 for Mac OS currently support QuickTime. For information about system requirements and media types supported by these third-party media players, please visit the following Web sites"

Unless the embedded videos are encoded with quicktime, mac users won't be able to view them.

Joe H
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Right, at last I got it downloaded o.k. here in New Zealand. My computer was so excited at getting more info from jimmytalksalot it lost its self-control and I couldn't download. So I shut the computer off for a short while, and restarted, and by then the computer had regained it usual composure and was able to concentrate and get the download done o.k. Thanks for the ebook. I signed up for Jimmy's newletter a couple of weeks back. Thanks to you, jimmytalksalot - keep talking 'cause I'm all ears.
The presentation makes the magic.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I was able to download the ebook but could not view the videos.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I learned this off of Jim Pace's Visuantics a few years ago. I have been using it ever since. This is golden on the street. I am glad to see that Jimmy does it too. Where did you learn it from Jimmy? Smile It creates such a riot when done well. And Jimmy does it well!
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1237 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Great Effect Jimmy. Thanks your the freebie.

Do you plan to release your Rope through body routine, It's nice!
jgoldsney
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of jgoldsney
Thanks for the freebee

Worked fine for me

JG
-----------------------

There are 10 types of people in the world...Those who understand Binary and those who don't Smile
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Great stuff Jimmy. I most appreciate it. I wera a black fedora most every show I do. Hey when your losing your hair like mine, sun burning your scalp is not a fun effect. lol This will be a fun thing to add to the hat stuff I already do and should go over well. Thanks again.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Good to hear from you kyle.

I've been tryin to spark some interest in finger and stage manipulation section here, but I don't think their into the stuff I like to do. I'm happy we like the same kinda stuff, me and you.

....i miss the indoors sometimes, indoors allows me to do a lot more stage and parlor effects then the streets.....

I dunno, good to hear from you again. hope all is well with you.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I keep getting Windows has encountered a problem and needs to shut down and do I wish to send an error report, I have done so 4 times. Darn
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Jimmy,

My pleasure my friend. I love your flip stick work as well as your manip stuff that you do. I am very intrigued by it and your creative use of it. As you know I have a passion for both manipulative magic and creativity. I know for a fact (as you do) that manipulation can play well in the streets as I have done it many times. You and jeff Sheridan have also proved it. It just takespractice and skill just like anything else. However, people love it if done well. Keep up the great work.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jimmy Talksalot Arm in Hat - Tech Draft (FREE ebook) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL