The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where do you put your wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
Hi all,
How do you handle the pocket space vs security aspect of your personal wallet?

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13138 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
My wallet stays in my back right pocket and does not move. That space is a non-issue, a non-player.

If I'm using a wallet for performance, it goes in the left back pocket, or left breast pocket of the coat.

I do carry a business card wallet in my right breast coat pocket, or in the shirt pocket, depending on what I'm wearing. This is the wallet I use mostly in performance as I use my business cards as props and hand them out.

Tony
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1001 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Locked in a box in the trunk of my car.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1206 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Mine goes in one of the now-empty prop carriers in my suitcase table, along with keys, pocket change, etc. I need the space, and somehow it's almost a superstition with me after all these years to empty my pockets of non-magical things as I'm doing final prep for a show.
Marc
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I agree I empty everything into my props trunk and turn off my mobile. I normally have so much stuff in my trousers(two sets of keys, loose change, mobile, pda, wallet, tissues) my pockets normally seem to be bulked out anyway. Slim-line pockets make me look more magical.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
HowaboutBob
View Profile
New user
south of atlanta
54 Posts

Profile of HowaboutBob
Locked in trunk along with phone and keys. Oh wait not the keys. Bob
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I have a sholder holster that I always carry my wallet in. When performing I have a vest to cover the holster so people don't think I'm packing.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
HowaboutBob,

the lock looks real to the kids but is easy for a magician to open. It keeps prying hands away.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
It kills me that magicians have a personal wallet and a card to wallet wallet. My personal wallet is my card to wallet wallet. It is with me where ever I go. So I am ready to perform and to pay my bill.

I use a modified Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet.
See it in action here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU-60XXJ5m8
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13323 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I prefer the mesika/royal wallet to the draun but I also use it as an every day wallet.

I do have a couple special wallets such as the Forbes type and the wakeman wallet when I'm wearing a suit. I like them all very much. I would not be without them.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3733 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have never carried a wallet, except for the one in my bag for the Heirloom effect. I don't even carry one when I'm NOT performing.

Steve
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
756 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I use 2 wallets, my real wallet is actually a card in wallet with my money, credit cards, etc. My other wallet (in my left back packet) hold all my packet tricks. Web, color monte, night out with the girls and many others.
Marvelous_Mysto
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, Australia
142 Posts

Profile of Marvelous_Mysto
I use the JOL 'Card-in-Wallet' as my everyday wallet. When I'm doing walk-around, it is with me, in the inside breast pocket of my sports jacket. When I'm performing in a stage/parlour situation, it is locked in my car.

Regards
Baz
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3573 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Mine stays in the car. Along with my keys and cash. The car (Ford) has a keypad on the door to unlock it.

Jim
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
In my back pocket, always.
illusionist13
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of illusionist13
Using 2 wallets.....its a give and take thing....i am awful hard on my wallets...they have even found themselves in the wash sometmes! utilizing 2 wallets will make both of them last longer! especially if I am not always having to pull out my gimmicked to pay for items, sit on it in the car, accidental water damage, dropping it...etc
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
Mine goes in my sock.

My mobile phone goes in the other sock.

This leaves all my pockets available for stashing props and gimmicks.

;-)
Christo
View Profile
Regular user
Cyprus
199 Posts

Profile of Christo
You could do a lot worse than carry the "Stealth Assassin Wallet".
This is more than good enough for an every day wallet, and its like carrying a whole show with you.

Chris
"Humpty was pushed!!"
JaY-JaY Pickpocket
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JaY-JaY Pickpocket
I agree with most members.

Keep your personal possesions locked in a case or left in the car. The last thing I need is, to make more space because my keys, wallet and mobile are in my pockets.

Bad idea. Unless you use them in your act, do not have them in your pockets. Everything in a pocket, should have a use. If you are wasting a pocket, you could be wasting a valauble trick, you could put in.
Check JaY-JaY Out!
www.youtube.com/jayjayentertainment
www.myspace.com/jayjayentertainment
Facebook - JaY JaY 'josh jayaweera'
Love to hear from you!
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I have a roll-on table and it goes in there with my car keys.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where do you put your wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL