The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Adapting a favorite SILK trick to Gospel message (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
One of my favorite SILK tricks is "Switch-Over." It's a trick which uses three silks. Two silks are white and one is red. One white silk is tied to the red. Then when the white and red are openly Untied from each other, it is suddenly seen that now the Two whites are tied together. The original patter for this is that the two whites represent a man and woman who are to get married. But then the man gets tempted into an affair with a Redhead---represented by tying the white and red silks together. But all turns out happily when the man breaks ties with the Redhead, and ends up Re-united with his white again---the Two White silks tied. Since this is one of my favorite silk tricks,I was wondering how to adapt it to Gospel. The idea I came up with concerns a BACK-SLIDING Christian. When the white silk is openly tied with the red silk, it represents the Back-Sliding. Then when the Two Whites are found to be tied, it represents a Return to Christ. So far, I've never seen a Gospel trick about Back-Sliding. So maybe this Silk trick would be a good application. Or some of you gents might have some other ideas for these Silks.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
You're on the right track...the other silk could represent about anything...a christian that got pulled away by the things of the world, he thought that he was missing so much, but just as the prodigal son came to his senses and came back home, so did this man realize that the only way to really live is to live for Christ...

Just a thought
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Adapting a favorite SILK trick to Gospel message (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL