The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Talk About Tricks - Joshua Jay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ian_techie
View Profile
New user
Isle of Man
5 Posts

Profile of ian_techie
Hey everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I attended Joshua Jay's lecture which was excellent. During it he performed a trick called 'Ten of Ten', this is a trick which the spectator can do holding the pack cards and I was really impressed and think it will impress friends/audience members.

I contacted Josh about the trick and he said it could be found in Magic Magazine - I presume in the column which he writes, but he is not sure what Issue!

I was wondering if anyone had any previous issues of Magic Magazine you could have a look through and see if you can find it. I don't mind sourcing a back order myself as long as I know what issue. Alternately if anyone has the instrustions and would be willing to share them I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance.

Ian
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
PM'd you...I'll see if I can find it for you.

Mark.
craig_sonis
View Profile
New user
Craig Sonis
5 Posts

Profile of craig_sonis
Hi Ian -

It's....

Ten For Ten by Yves Doumergue
MAGIC Magazine, September 2003, pgs 80-81

It's also performed (not explained) on Vol 1 of Josh's Talk About Tricks DVD set.

Enjoy,
Craig
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
There's a thread on the Tricks board about this. Yes, it's in September, 2003, which is sold out from Magic. Copies pop up on eBay, though. Yves responded to the thread saying that at some point in the future he will be releasing a manuscript with this trick and several new variations.

Like you, I was struck by this and wish it was explained.
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Does anyone know any other outlets for back issues of Magic Magazine other than e bay. Am interested in finding this issue but it is sold out on the Magic Magazine website.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Brick and Mortar shops usualy have back issues available.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Talk About Tricks - Joshua Jay (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL