The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MADness... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
'MADness' is a manuscript that will be being released within the next week or so... the creator/performer is not a member of the Café' (though ive told him about it and will hopefully be joining up soon, though he's real busy with performing/traveling etc, but he did say he will get on here as soon as possible), he will hopefully be joining up soon.

This came completely out of the blue, a package just arrived the other day that had a hardcopy of some of the contents of 'MADness', along with a note saying that he hadn't forgotten about such and such and here was a taster of what's to come.
Well ive spent the last couple of days reading over and practising etc, and I thought I'd come on and post about what ive seen etc.

I have no idea on pricing etc, or about how many effects/routines will be in 'MADness'... so this will be based solely on what I do know of.

The names of the effects were not written in the manuscript I have, with everything just being named 'Effect' followed by a number... then a description.
Anyway, here is a list of the effects, followed by a brief description.

Effect 1: A mentalism card effect that can be done with a borrowed deck, where you write something on the back of a playing card and shuffle it into the deck... you then spread all the cards face-up infront of the spec, and the one card they pick is turned over to reveal that you had written there name across it.
All the other cards are clean, only there named card will have there name on.
This could obviously be played as influence among other things.

Effect 2: A card thru window... this is a card through window where the card is literally fed thru the window... it's very visual and though uses a gimmick, once made it can be done without any set-up to the window or surrounding area.
This is not a spring the cards at the window version, and there is a need to be able to have access to both sides of the glass... but this is very simple in workings, and it's a bit different to what is out at the moment.
It's almost like the cyril effect where he put the salt shaker thru the table, but on a window and using cards.

Effect 3: Borrowed finger ring to spectators shoelace... erm yes, as it sounds lol.

Effect 4: Torn and Restored bill... as it sounds, you tear up a note and resotre it.
Also there is another version where you tear up the note, then change each piece to a higher denomination, then restore the new bill.
There is one more version that happens in the spectators hands.

Effect 5: Well this is not really an effect/routine, but a utility that can be used for various effects/routines.
It's a gimmicked envelope.

Effect 6: A 3 phase coin bending routine.

Effect 7: An effect involving a Tattoo... one example of an effect would be to say to a lady that you know how sometimes those in love etc get a tattoo of there lovers name... well you do things a bit differently... you ask her name, and then show that you have a tattoo of her name... then say that you get tattoos of those who WILL be your lovers.
Ok that presentation won't be to everyones liking but you get the idea.

Effect 8: A sort of Living/Dead test, but there's more to it.
This is almost the same as something I have been using, but this takes things even further which is cool.

Effect 9: Another card thru window.

Effect 10: An effect where a drawing is slowly brought into reality. You draw something on a window in marker, and then slowly you start causing it to move, and then you end with the drawing becoming the thing you drew, with the window now clean.

Effect 11: An effect that needs the use of a mirror, and involves pulling something out of it.

Effect 12: A money changing effect... a bit like things such as Hundy/Heiny 500 and Prophet.

Effect 13: A very simple take on a booktest, no set-up etc, any book...but it's different to how they normally play and some may think it's overly simplistic, but ive tried this out seeing as how simple it is and the response was good... very presentation based.

Effect 14: A sort of prediction effect, but one that can definitely raise a few smiles and gets the spectator involved.

Effect 15: A russian roulette style routine using shot glasses and acid.

Effect 16: An effect where you cut off your finger and then put it back on.

Well that's what ive got... 16 effects already and if this is a taster, then I wonder how many will be in the final release.

Anyway hopefully we'll hear from the creator soon, but from what ive seen this is looking really promising.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
MADness ... Sounds insane.

What's the creator's name?
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey...

The creators name is Ricardo Maives.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Thanks, I'll keep a look out.
daffelglass
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of daffelglass
A quick internet search does not return any information about this man or the book MADness, could anyone direct me to a source?
“There is not a physicist in the world who can perceive when a parlor magician palms off playing-cards.”

-Charles Fort

Twitter: @daffelglass
www.magicandgarbage.wordpress.com
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
I thought this was by Daniel Madison lol!
Nathaniel
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Nathaniel
I´m also interested in some of the effects, would be great if anyone can name the source.

thanks
"Stories are told to kids to make them sleep, and are told to adults to wake them up" (Jorge Bucay)

Emotional Imprints
The Sticky Head Game
Influence
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Another interested.... more info please...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Same here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MADness... (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL