The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplying Candles (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The Tim Star Candles are better because of the light weight, the construction has finger holders so the you cannot drop the candles, the Lloyd can slip out from between the fingers. You don't have to worry about dropping them during performance. Thus you attention is on our routine and the audience. And here is the really neat part. With the Lloyd you steal a candle and pretend to do a candle split, but with the Star Candles you actually do remove a candle from the two between the fingers.

Here see for yourself.

QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thanks for the info, Bill. Am I correct that, in the video, Tim is using both the Star Candles and Multiplying Candles listed on his website?
Regards,
Silverthorne
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
He is using in the video, His Star Candle set and one of the Multiplying Candle sets. At the beginning and ending with 4 candles in the right hand is the star candle routine. Then finishes with the multiplying when he has 4 in the left hand.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thanks, Bill. That's what I thought. It looks like those for Tim are a little taller too. I'm sure the quality is pretty much the same as Owen and for about $100 less you can get two sets. I'll let you know when they arrive. ;-)
Regards,
Silverthorne
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tim Star also sells holders for his candles. They are very nice and keep the wick wet. They are $40 a piece.

Tim Star recommends using smokeless lamp oil instead of lighter fluid. I could only find it on line. High end restaurants use it for their lamps on tables.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thanks again, Bill. I don't see the holders on Tim's website so I'll ask him about them when he replays to me mail.

Is this lamp oil the type you're referring to?
http://www.lowes.com/pd_130791-486-22095......=3544270
Regards,
Silverthorne
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, that is the type of smokeless lamp oil. And yes, he does not advertise the holders on his website. He just told me about them and after I got my candles, so I ordered two.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, JNeal wrote:
The footage I'd love to see is Aubrey doing all his manipulation: Cards, Billiards, and Candles on a TV show that aired circa 1974

You can see footage from 1951 of Aubrey doing candles and billiard balls HERE

The problem is they will charge you $100 to view it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplying Candles (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL