The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any of you like horses? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
If so, here is a blatant plug to our new community, we are looking to attract more members (have only been live for a few weeks)

http://www.horsetalkforums.com

Thanks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Sorry, call me closed minded and inexperienced but horses just don't do it for me. Besides, how would I get one up the spiral staircase here?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
You can say that again.

My father follows the horses and so did my father's father.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
A Horse is the Prime example of perfection in non preditors (The Tiger being the other side of the coin.) Beauty, Power, Amazing Agility over any terrain, speed, usefulness all from an animal that doesn't kill it's food (other than plants that deserve to die. haha Smile ) Magnificent animal in every way.

However, having worked with them and been sat on, kicked, bitten, run into a stall wall, rolled on and thrown off, I can safely say I now prefer them on TV (TVG) and in Rodeos and on the Track.

Jonathan: Was this a thread asking what you don't like?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-10 11:24, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Sorry, call me closed minded and inexperienced

Johathan,

You are close minded and inexperienced. There... happy now? LOL

Horses? I love them. Haven't ridden one for years now but always enjoyed the time I did. My mother was an equestrian jumper and now 2 generations later..out of the blue.. my niece has picked up the reigns. (pardon the pun)

There is something majestic about horses that makes me stare at them as I drive past one in a pasture. A cop on a horse demands more respect than one on a motorbike any day.

Best,

Tim
Cody Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
201 Posts

Profile of Cody Comet
I live in Louisville and within a short distance of Churchill Downs, so I pretty much have to like them to some extent.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I make my living in the horse biz and although the horse is a majestic and wonderful animal, I have little to no use for the vast majority of their owners! As myself and others in the business oft say, "When a horse can dial the phone, tell us where it hurts and then write the check it will be a perfect business"!
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Quote:
On 2008-05-10 11:24, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Sorry, call me closed minded and inexperienced but horses just don't do it for me. Besides, how would I get one up the spiral staircase here?

Stairs will kill em. Use the elevator..
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
Tried them in France. A little bit tough, but I've had cow that was just as tough. Good flavor though. Would like to try them BBQ's.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I want to live in Kentucky. I will probably never get the chance but I do want to.

I figure if I could sell 100 Mammoths at $1,000 each, I could do it. Smile
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Actually Jon we have trained some horses to climb stairs among other tricks for the movies so just let me know when you want your new pet and I'll arrange the shipping! Smile
Doug, I don't know anything about your Mammoths but we use buffalo for some aspects of training horses and once they've grown to large we either sell them for meat or butcher em for our own freezers (excellent meat BTW). They bring pretty much beef prices in this manner but if we call em "American Bison" there is always someone who is willing to pay BIG bucks for a piece of western Americana! What was it ol Mr Hannum said? LOL
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Just had a big Bufalo Steak Burger tonight! I get 'em at Trader Joes. Not expensive either. Smile

I also figured I don't need 100 to pay $1,000...what I need is just 25 showmen to pay $4,000 ea. as a one time only retainer for a lifetime of unique custom Zibits. Yep...that'll do it. Kentucky here I come.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

I'm sure the TJ Buff burgers are good but if ya make it to central Cali some time Doug, I'll grill ya a buff ribeye that'll knock yer socks off!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
You are on! A 'spike' Rib Eye is about the only thing I'd travel for!!

What town? Smile
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Nashville West, Bakersfield
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I used to like horses, but I'm now on a lowfat diet.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I might be up there for a race night or two this summer. Oidale still running?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

The Okie Bowl is rockin every weekend! What type of car ya drive Doug? I know jack about racing but love watching dirt track!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I was involved in motor sports for many years...mainly as a track announcer at many tracks and formats but also drove a midget (dirt) and had my own Race Tour all around California paved tracks. (We came to Mesa Marin in Bakersfield!) called Super Sidecar Thunder. We ran high powered Formula One Sidecar Motorcycles (went the wrong way on a paved track) and threw pasengers off at an alarming rate. We scared the crap out of the crowd. haha. The machines were built to run road courses at about 160mph but I put 'em on circle tracks to thrill the stock car crowds. We had great fun...nobody died (almost a few times) and only politics (and a track promoter who was told by God that we shouldn't be allowed to run our championship race that night) killed the tour. We were as badass as it gets. Smile
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Love the midgets and open wheel stuff and side cars are the bomb! I've been to a couple races at Mesa but always preferred dirt track in Oildale or the drags at Famosa!
You make it out for some races be sure to gimme a holler cuz the ranch is 20 mins away and you will get that steak and I'll get to see 3NoEvil up close and personal from da man himself!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any of you like horses? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL