The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello old friends... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
Hello old friends,

I say this because I have been a lurker for almost a year and I feel that I know a lot of you from your postings. Like a lot of you of my age (47), magic has been an on again off again hobby. Once bitten by the rabbit, infected for life. My interest in magic started in the 70’s, where I lived, breathed and dreamed of magic. I have went through all the early stages… from having to spend all of my allowance on tricks and gimmicks, to performing kid shows at birthday parties to support my habit..

During my early adulthood in the 80’s, close-up magic and sleight of hand became my main interest, moving from purchasing boxes and such to investing in books. Then as I grew up to become more career oriented, I found that I had less and less time to devote to my hobby so I packed up my magic for another time. I got married and started a family, my attention needed to be given to them.
Recently my job caused me to move to Colorado, leaving my family behind in Utah until we sold our home. For the most part I was by myself and quite bored. It was then that I discovered The Magic Café. For a while I would visit and read the posts. Soon I purchased a deck of cards and began practicing sleights and tricks. I was hooked again.

We have since sold our home and the family in now together in Colorado. During the unpacking, I discovered my boxes of magic. It was like seeing a long lost friend. I have begun getting reacquainted with magic and this week, I have decided to register with at The Magic Café.

I look forward to participating on line, practicing my skills and making new magic friends… thanks,
Bruce
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hello, I'm Justin Style. Welcome to the Café!
astoundingbruce
View Profile
Regular user
Burlington, WI (USA)
127 Posts

Profile of astoundingbruce
Welcome, Bruce...nice name!
“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
Hello Justin... is that a new picture? I don't remember the white face from previous posts. Thanks for the welcome.
Bruce
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
Thanks Bruce... everytime I meet another Bruce, all that I can think of is the Monty Python skit... Hello Bruce, meet Bruce... Bruce... Bruce. It's funy if you see it.
Bruce
TMurphy
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
1 Post

Profile of TMurphy
Hey Bruce
Good Luck & Keep Smiling!
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
TMurphy,
Hey back at you... From your picture it looks like you are in the business, is this true?
Take care,
Bruce
TMurphy
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
1 Post

Profile of TMurphy
About 22 years now & you?
TMurphy
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
1 Post

Profile of TMurphy
Oops just read your Bio again. Yep you've been around for awhile too.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
TMurphy,
Yes… on and off for a while. What kind of magic are you into? I am guessing stage from your picture and its background. At the moment close-up is my interest, however as I get more comfortable with performing again, I think that I want to build some of the larger tricks from the Mark Wilson Course in Magic. I have enjoyed reading about the projects from the “Workshop” part of the forum.
Thanks,
Bruce
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Welcome to the Café mate. I know that when I stumbled upon TCM I couldn't believe my luck. As you well know, it's a great place with (mainly Smile ) great people. Enjoy your stay... officially!
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
Chappo,
Thanks for the welcome... yes I feel that I am lucky too. In many was it is like going to a magic shop of old and speaking with people that you like. Lots of good information as you hunt around.
Thanks,
Bruce
JustFor Fun
View Profile
New user
Maryland
2 Posts

Profile of JustFor Fun
'eye Bruce. Welcome to the Café from another Bruce. It's going to be a bit confusing around here! (Also a Monty Python fan!)
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
551 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Bruce welcome aboard,

Where is Brian?

From a pet fish,
Eric
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

Welcome to the Café. Here is a great place to talk about magic and learn new things. You can talk with magicians all around the world. I hope you will enjoy here. Have a nice time. And don't forget to write.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
JustFor Fun,Papasmurf & Nedim,
Thanks for the welcomes, and yes... this is a great place and I learn something new every time I visit. And now for something totally different, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM.
Thanks,
Bruce
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Bruce,
Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 36.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello old friends... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL