The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Stuff White People Like (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I would like at least 80% of things on this blog. I am so very very white.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3352 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Funny very funny blog -the "living near water" is highly amusing...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I love the obscure stuff that is just spot on. Grammar. Micheal Gondrey. Being the only white person in a room. Scarves.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Singing comedians, shorts, bicycles...

That's a great find.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I'm white. I like that blog. Thank you very much. <-Showing white person manners.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
RobertBloor
View Profile
Inner circle
The Socialist Republic of the USA.
1051 Posts

Profile of RobertBloor
The article on grammar has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time.
"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,"
-The Declaration of Independence
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I wish I knew more about my grammar. I wish I could down and talk to her right now.

By the way...isn't this artcle more telling about what other 'colors' don't like?

Seeing as how it doesn't include that us honkys also like Music... Basketball...taking risks...gambling...word play...acting cool... and additionally ALL the things other colors like as well...so is it not the other 'colors' that are short changing themselves by limiting their likes? Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
That was stupid.

Hate scarves - they're itchy.
#97 Scarves

New Balance is overpriced and too thin to fit me.
#96 New Balance Shoes

The dumbest sport on earth involving a ball.
#95 Rugby

Strongly against.
#94 Free Healthcare

I buy my music, thank you.
#93 Music Piracy

Huh?
#92 Book Deals

Worst city on the face of the planet - possibly excluding Paris
#91 San Francisco

Attending - no. Performing at them -yes.
#90 Dinner Parties

Eh, it's okay. I like the hats.
#89 St. Patrick’s Day

I think I've voiced my opinion on that enough times.
#88 Having Gay Friends

What's that?
#87 Outdoor Performance Clothes

I do not own 1 pair of shorts.
#86 Shorts

What's The Wire?
#85 The Wire

Doesn't everyone wear t-shirts?
#84 T-Shirts

I was homeschooled, my experience was fine.
#83 Bad Memories of High School

I'd respond to that, but I need to go to Wal-mart and I have an OPEC meeting af 3.
#82 Hating Corporations

Other people DON'T like graduating high school? That's just stupid.
#81 Graduate School

I'm sorry, rugby is the second dumbest sport involving a ball.
#80 The Idea of Soccer

What's "modern furniture"? I have a couch that folds out - is that "modern"?
#79 Modern Furniture

If you can speak more than one language correctly - good for you.
#78 Multilingual Children

Not a fan.
#77 Musical Comedy

I drink Diet Coke.
#76 Bottles of Water

I hate Canada.
#75 Threatening to Move to Canada

I don't know anyone named Oscar.
#74 Oscar Parties

Also known as progress.
#73 Gentrification

I've studied many broads in my life.
#72 Study Abroad

Gotta' love the collectivist mindset behind that one.
#71 Being the only white person around

Not a fan. Who would be?
#70 Difficult Breakups

*See "Difficult Breakups" responce.
#69 Mos Def

*See "Mos Def" responce.
#68 Michel Gondry

I don't go to concerts - I've never liked them.
#67 Standing Still at Concerts

Again, not a fan.
#66 Divorce

Not unless it's mud wrestling.
#65 Co-Ed Sports

Don't get me started.
#64 Recycling

PB&J 4 Life!
#63 Expensive Sandwiches

Getting off their fannies and getting a job.
#62 Knowing What’s Best for Poor People

I don't own a bike, though I should probably get one.
#61 Bicycles

Prius: No.
#60 Toyota Prius

That's another 'Don't get me started.'
#59 Natural Medicine

Notice received from Japan today -- "We have all your money. Please print more."
#58 Japan

Didn't like that movie.
#57 Juno

The entire world hates lawyers.
#56 Lawyers

"I'm sorry you're an idiot."
#55 Apologies

The magic bullet is pretty cool. So I'll take that one.
#54 Kitchen Gadgets

"Must Love Dogs"
#53 Dogs

Not a fan.
#52 Sarah Silverman

And the mosquitos - no thanks.
#51 Living by the Water

God, Satan, and white people all love irony.
#50 Irony

You mean old crap?
#49 Vintage

Why wouldn't I get the "whole" food? If I paid for it, I want the whole thing. #48 Whole Foods and Grocery Co-ops

That'll get you a better table assignment at the Olive Garden.
#47 Arts Degrees

I don't read the New York Slimes.
#46 The Sunday New York Times

What's that?
#45 Asian Fusion Food

I don't listen to the trash on NPR. Hot Talk 560 KSFO!
#44 Public Radio

Fiddler on the Roof was okay.
#43 Plays

Yes, let's all poison ourselves.
#42 Sushi

Not a fan.
#41 Indie Music

Is an apple an apple product?
#40 Apple Products

Hollywood video.
#39 Netflix

Never seen it. It's made by that guy from Seinfeld, so I doubt it's funny.
#38 Arrested Development

That's fixing stuff right?
#37 Renovations

I like food in general.
#36 Breakfast Places

Colbert is funny on occasion.
#35 The Daily Show/Colbert Report

Depends on the style.
#34 Architecture

Not a fan.
#33 Marijuana

Don't get me started.
#32 Vegan/Vegetarianism

Don't like snow.
#31 Snowboarding

Never been there.
#30 Wrigley Field

Hated the 80s.
#29 80s Night

. . .Okay, I'll give you that one.
#28 Not having a TV

Never been.
#27 Marathons

Ah, the muggings and corruption.
#26 Manhattan (now Brooklyn too!)

As I said before, I din't listen to the crap on NPR.
#25 David Sedaris

Not a fan.
#24 Wine

Not a fan.
#23 Microbreweries

I only have the one.
#22 Having Two Last Names

What's that?
#21 Writers Workshops

I am an expert on all cultures - that's just dripping with irony isn't it.
#20 Being an expert on YOUR culture

Depends where I'm going.
#19 Traveling

I like being aware of stuff- I don't like events for teh sole purpose of "raising awareness".
#18 Awareness

Eh, my parents are okay.
#17 Hating their Parents

If they're gifted - good for them.
#16 Gifted Children

Oh, let's not open that box Pandora.
#15 Yoga

Do I have any black friends? I don't know - I should ask if they're black or hispanic or whatever.
#14 Having Black Friends

Mr. T?
#13 Tea

Depends what they're non-profitting about.
#12 Non-Profit Organizations

I love girls of all races.
#11 Asian Girls

Never seen one.
#10 Wes Anderson Movies

Huh? What's wrong with outside?
#9 Making you feel bad about not going outside

That racist, liberal, manchurian candidate? Oh, sure, I love him.
#8 Barack Obama

I have a Harvard study that would beg to differ.
#7 Diversity

No pesticide = bugs on food = bugs burrowing into food = you eat bugs.
#4 Organic Food

Flea markets for organic food (they take the flea thing a bit too seriously).
#5 Farmer’s Markets

What?
#4 Assists

It's like a concert but a movie right? Again, not a fan.
#3 Film Festivals

I'm the same religion as my parents.
#2 Religions their parents don’t belong to

I don't drink coffee.
#1 Coffee

I guess I'm just not white.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3352 Posts

Profile of gaddy
One they forgot about, but will rectify in the future: "Talking about how 'not white' one is"...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-05-13 16:07, Dustin Baker wrote:


Gotta' love the collectivist mindset behind that one.
#71 Being the only white person around



White people hate that. That's why the last one always leaves.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Way to suck the fun out of the room Dustin!
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Quote:
On 2008-05-13 16:48, gaddy wrote:
One they forgot about, but will rectify in the future: "Talking about how 'not white' one is"...


I fit plenty of the traditional "white" stereotypes, but these ones aren't about "white" people. They're about "blue-blood-country-club-liberal" people.

Nicholas:
That's what I do man!
I find joy, and I strangle it!
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2008-05-13 16:07, Dustin Baker wrote:
That was stupid.

Hate scarves - they're itchy.
#97 Scarves

New Balance is overpriced and too thin to fit me.
#96 New Balance Shoes

The dumbest sport on earth involving a ball.
#95 Rugby

Strongly against.
#94 Free Healthcare

I buy my music, thank you.
#93 Music Piracy

Huh?
#92 Book Deals

Worst city on the face of the planet - possibly excluding Paris
#91 San Francisco

Attending - no. Performing at them -yes.
#90 Dinner Parties

Eh, it's okay. I like the hats.
#89 St. Patrick’s Day

I think I've voiced my opinion on that enough times.
#88 Having Gay Friends

What's that?
#87 Outdoor Performance Clothes

I do not own 1 pair of shorts.
#86 Shorts

What's The Wire?
#85 The Wire

Doesn't everyone wear t-shirts?
#84 T-Shirts

I was homeschooled, my experience was fine.
#83 Bad Memories of High School

I'd respond to that, but I need to go to Wal-mart and I have an OPEC meeting af 3.
#82 Hating Corporations

Other people DON'T like graduating high school? That's just stupid.
#81 Graduate School

I'm sorry, rugby is the second dumbest sport involving a ball.
#80 The Idea of Soccer

What's "modern furniture"? I have a couch that folds out - is that "modern"?
#79 Modern Furniture

If you can speak more than one language correctly - good for you.
#78 Multilingual Children

Not a fan.
#77 Musical Comedy

I drink Diet Coke.
#76 Bottles of Water

I hate Canada.
#75 Threatening to Move to Canada

I don't know anyone named Oscar.
#74 Oscar Parties

Also known as progress.
#73 Gentrification

I've studied many broads in my life.
#72 Study Abroad

Gotta' love the collectivist mindset behind that one.
#71 Being the only white person around

Not a fan. Who would be?
#70 Difficult Breakups

*See "Difficult Breakups" responce.
#69 Mos Def

*See "Mos Def" responce.
#68 Michel Gondry

I don't go to concerts - I've never liked them.
#67 Standing Still at Concerts

Again, not a fan.
#66 Divorce

Not unless it's mud wrestling.
#65 Co-Ed Sports

Don't get me started.
#64 Recycling

PB&J 4 Life!
#63 Expensive Sandwiches

Getting off their fannies and getting a job.
#62 Knowing What’s Best for Poor People

I don't own a bike, though I should probably get one.
#61 Bicycles

Prius: No.
#60 Toyota Prius

That's another 'Don't get me started.'
#59 Natural Medicine

Notice received from Japan today -- "We have all your money. Please print more."
#58 Japan

Didn't like that movie.
#57 Juno

The entire world hates lawyers.
#56 Lawyers

"I'm sorry you're an idiot."
#55 Apologies

The magic bullet is pretty cool. So I'll take that one.
#54 Kitchen Gadgets

"Must Love Dogs"
#53 Dogs

Not a fan.
#52 Sarah Silverman

And the mosquitos - no thanks.
#51 Living by the Water

God, Satan, and white people all love irony.
#50 Irony

You mean old crap?
#49 Vintage

Why wouldn't I get the "whole" food? If I paid for it, I want the whole thing. #48 Whole Foods and Grocery Co-ops

That'll get you a better table assignment at the Olive Garden.
#47 Arts Degrees

I don't read the New York Slimes.
#46 The Sunday New York Times

What's that?
#45 Asian Fusion Food

I don't listen to the trash on NPR. Hot Talk 560 KSFO!
#44 Public Radio

Fiddler on the Roof was okay.
#43 Plays

Yes, let's all poison ourselves.
#42 Sushi

Not a fan.
#41 Indie Music

Is an apple an apple product?
#40 Apple Products

Hollywood video.
#39 Netflix

Never seen it. It's made by that guy from Seinfeld, so I doubt it's funny.
#38 Arrested Development

That's fixing stuff right?
#37 Renovations

I like food in general.
#36 Breakfast Places

Colbert is funny on occasion.
#35 The Daily Show/Colbert Report

Depends on the style.
#34 Architecture

Not a fan.
#33 Marijuana

Don't get me started.
#32 Vegan/Vegetarianism

Don't like snow.
#31 Snowboarding

Never been there.
#30 Wrigley Field

Hated the 80s.
#29 80s Night

. . .Okay, I'll give you that one.
#28 Not having a TV

Never been.
#27 Marathons

Ah, the muggings and corruption.
#26 Manhattan (now Brooklyn too!)

As I said before, I din't listen to the crap on NPR.
#25 David Sedaris

Not a fan.
#24 Wine

Not a fan.
#23 Microbreweries

I only have the one.
#22 Having Two Last Names

What's that?
#21 Writers Workshops

I am an expert on all cultures - that's just dripping with irony isn't it.
#20 Being an expert on YOUR culture

Depends where I'm going.
#19 Traveling

I like being aware of stuff- I don't like events for teh sole purpose of "raising awareness".
#18 Awareness

Eh, my parents are okay.
#17 Hating their Parents

If they're gifted - good for them.
#16 Gifted Children

Oh, let's not open that box Pandora.
#15 Yoga

Do I have any black friends? I don't know - I should ask if they're black or hispanic or whatever.
#14 Having Black Friends

Mr. T?
#13 Tea

Depends what they're non-profitting about.
#12 Non-Profit Organizations

I love girls of all races.
#11 Asian Girls

Never seen one.
#10 Wes Anderson Movies

Huh? What's wrong with outside?
#9 Making you feel bad about not going outside

That racist, liberal, manchurian candidate? Oh, sure, I love him.
#8 Barack Obama

I have a Harvard study that would beg to differ.
#7 Diversity

No pesticide = bugs on food = bugs burrowing into food = you eat bugs.
#4 Organic Food

Flea markets for organic food (they take the flea thing a bit too seriously).
#5 Farmer’s Markets

What?
#4 Assists

It's like a concert but a movie right? Again, not a fan.
#3 Film Festivals

I'm the same religion as my parents.
#2 Religions their parents don’t belong to

I don't drink coffee.
#1 Coffee

I guess I'm just not white.


Wow... Hmmmm.



Yeah, the grammar and scarf, got me there.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
_________________________________________
E-mail:
BrettELoudermilk@gmail.com
L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
I almost choked when I read about that getting a published on paper. It is unfunny and unintelligent whether it's straight or ironic. And the worst of these is unfunny. It's as obtuse as a horoscope. Oh wait! People lap those up everyday.
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Heck, half of what they said about rugby was wrong anyway
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
If you read the blog looking for an accuracy I think you've missed the point!

(I am happy to explain it you in private if you like...we white people can very discrete)
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I believe we must turn to The Simpsons yet again to help explain the joke...

Comedian: Yo, check this out: black guys drive a car like this.
[Leans back, as though his elbow were on the windowsill]
Do, do, ch. Do-be-do, do-be-do-be-do.
Yeah, but white guys, see, they drive a car like this.
[Hunches forward, talks nasally]
Dee-da-dee, a-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee.
[Audience howls with laughter]

Homer: Ah ha ha, it's true, it's true! We're so lame!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
The author seems a little confused.
#97 Scarves
In Canada, everybody wears scarves, regardless of colour.

#95 Rugby
Wait till the Fijians and Samoans find out that they're white.

#94 Free Healthcare
This is weird. Oh I get, he's only talking about American white people...

#91 San Francisco
Hmm. A quarter of a million San Franciscans who call themselves "Asian" will be shocked to learn the news.

#88 Having Gay Friends
What?

#86 Shorts
This explains the NBA, I guess.

#84 T-Shirts
Hadn't noticed a colour barrier here.

#83 Bad Memories of High School
All those Aboriginal kids from residential schools are white?

#82 Hating Corporations
Hugo Chavez?

#80 The Idea of Soccer
Guess that explains its popularity in South America, Africa and Asia.

#78 Multilingual Children
All those Africans are white? Who knew?

#75 Threatening to Move to Canada
So that explains all the expatriot Africans, Indians and Asians I'll see today.

#64 Recycling
????

#62 Knowing What’s Best for Poor People
Good thing Nelson Mandela has never spoken on this issue.

#61 Bicycles
Don't suppose you've been to China, have you?

#60 Toyota Prius
Ever been to Japan?

#58 Japan
The Japanese are white?

#53 Dogs
Probably the first animal domesticated in every inhabited place on earth.

#51 Living by the Water
Those Indonesians; they're so white.

#50 Irony

#43 Plays
They don't attend plays in Africa or Asia?

#42 Sushi
More white Japanese, I see.

#34 Architecture
The Taj Mahal

#33 Marijuana
Louis Armstrong? Snoop Dogg?

#31 Snowboarding
Have you ever been to a ski hill and looked at who's boarding?

#20 Being an expert on YOUR culture
???

#15 Yoga
All those white Indians.

#14 Having Black Friends
Don't Black people have Black friends?

#13 Tea
China. India. Japan.

#4 Assists
OK most pro hockey players are white, I'll give you that one.

#1 Coffee
Those Arabs and Turks. Who knew?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
It's just a joke. I don't anyone takes it so seriously that we need to suck all the humor out of it.

In the immortal words of Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

I know, I know, a lot of folks don't think it's funny. They think it's at best un-funny and at worst offensive. I know, I know.

No, seriously, I know.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Who you calling whitey, N*****? Who you calling N*****, whitey? Sly Stone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Stuff White People Like (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL