The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Trono's "Branded" - The Painless Card Blister (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..31~32~33 [Next]
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Got this, and it's great, so much simpler and easier to manage than its blistery predecessors...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Thanks Virungan. Glad you like it.

Make sure you check out the support site as we will add new ideas, handlings, etc.

Tim
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
The last few days I've been going back to the handling of where it started in that I get the round blister right in front of them secretly as I tell them I burned myself a few days back (my good friend and excellent magician Patrick Wolford originally suggested this). I then display those blisters that have apparently been there all along (though I just secretly acquired them a moment before), light the lighter, and use the flame to apparently morph the blisters to the card blisters (I don't show the change yet but state "it's starting to MOVE" as I look at the blisters), put the lighter away, and say "look - did you pick the 3 of hearts" as I show them the card blister. I "think" I prefer having the blisters already supposedly there. Obviously it is best to only do this effect (stand alone) or do this effect at the end of your set (as if they didn't notice the blisters) as you don't want them to later notice the blisters are gone. I then do Chris' idea of pouring some cold water over my fingers.

I've also been starting with the wonderful thumb through ear that Jeff McBride teaches at the start of his new set Magic at The Edge. As I pull my thumb out of the ear I comment on what happened a few days ago and go from there as described above.

Tim
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I do think it is beter to show them that they are there before. Though blisters can show up after seconds, it depends on the heat, and most people know that they won't just show up that quickly. So I show them supposedly there before...however, people will believe it either way
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tim, I REALLY like Patrick Wolford's idea of having the blisters there in the first place. I'm going to incorporate that into my routine. I think it's this type of subtlety that makes this effect even stronger. Thanks very much for sharing that!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I performed this a couple times this weekend, and both times I got the same response... "That's creepy!! How did you do that??"

This *is* a shocking effect!

Robert
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Hi Robert. Glad you are getting use from Branded.

The card blister effects are not really eye candy magic like 3 Fly, Self Tying Shoelace, etc. but as you note, it generates a real creepy feel/effect on your audience. Thus it has a long lasting impact.

Thanks for the feedback.

Tim
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I thought the part of the gimmick to create the "normal" blisters was unnecessary and took away what would have been an extra force/revelation. The normal blister could have been very easily obtained by the opening which are on all the bic lighters. They make perfect "normal" blisters. Grrr.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Hi Kissdadookie. We considered that option but quite frankly getting the normal blister from the top of the Bic lighter just doesn't look as good. If you look closely, part of the opening where the flame comes out is a flat/straight surface and also you have edges which just don't allow as strong of an image (the surrounding area has to be flat for maximum results). Also, handling wise it just didn't feel right going all over the lighter. Certainly the opening is good impromptu place for the standard blister effect and Greg Wilson and a few others have played with this idea. I personally don't feel one needs a wide range of choices on the card. I always just carry the mini Bic. I think it is more important to maximize the look of the morph as opposed to more card choices. But DO consider your suggestion for impromptu standard blister effects (also check out the Blister Book by Jack Tillar for other ideas) as it is a good way to do it with nothing extra.

Thanks.

Tim
magic-upclose
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic-upclose
Does anyone else think the "3" is hard to read for spectators?
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
I received this yesterday and must say it is absolutely wonderful. I love it. It finally answers all the card blister problems (pocketry, etc)

If you don't have this, get it. You will really blow people away......

Buy from Tim directly too and support the creators Smile

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
They are all hard to read for the spectators. It just the nature of the effect. The king of clubs leaves the best impression in my opinion.

Rich B.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The 3 looks fine to me. The fonts are all actually pretty nice and they are BIG which is another nice thing about it. Very visible and pretty much no chance of the spectator not being able to see it (unless you have barely any flesh on your fingers or you didn't create a deep enough blister).
magic-upclose
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic-upclose
Ok thanks I will test it out some more, I've only used the 3 because I prefer the smaller gimmick anyways.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Also consider the suggestion on the DVD about other symbols... the heart represents a heart obviously and the 3 can come up as a W, M, or E (thanks Dan White).

See http://magic.about.com/od/magicreview/fr/053108branded.htm I'd recommend keeping on eye on the reviews that are done on this site as Wayne is very thorough and does an excellent job. I am honored he enjoyed Branded.

Tim
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
The K and the 3 give me the best impressions. The 7 always comes out a bit dodgy for me for some reason. Love the Club - looks great, especially after they've seen it to be a round blister just awhile ago! With the regular sized gimmick and with pressing so hard, I needed to learn how to angle my fingers properly to just get the impression I'm going for and not get a hint of the next one below or above it.

And as mentioned, it's not an eye candy effect - it's just like a slow "woah..." from people. Great stuff. Really adds variety to the act.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Thanks guys. Glad you are enjoying it. If I can offer any assistance, answer any concerns, etc. please e-mail me privately as I want to ensure all purchasers are completely happy.

Tim
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Tim, I loved this the second I received it. I think the improvement of having the gimmick so out in the open yet so subtly concealed is absolutely brilliant. The additional ideas provided in the DVD were wonderful as well. This is one hell of a quality product.
Thank you!

Huron Low
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
Hi Huron,

I'm a fellow Singaporean too, and I believe the Bic lighters are a little to find over here. Did you happened to got yourself some? If you did, where did you get it?

Cheers
Alvin
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
I found some suitable lighters in both sizes at a regular provision shop. Just look for those with round bases - I don't even think what I am using are of the "Bic" brand. I just brought the gaffs along with me and tried them on for size and bought two suitable ones.

Also, while I'm sure it'll help, I'm not using black lighters; couldn't find them. Will switch if I find them, but till then what I've found works well.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Trono's "Branded" - The Painless Card Blister (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..31~32~33 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL