The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Trono's "Branded" - The Painless Card Blister (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33 [Next]
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
If people want to send clips of ideas, performances, etc. I would love to post those. Most of what I have received is written descriptions.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Tim
wolfmaster
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of wolfmaster
I have this and I like it. I have all other previous versions and love them all.
The great thing about Tim's version, it that it allows you to perform it under fire, and no pocket fumbling. Everything looks fair. It's just great.
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
668 Posts

Profile of Alel
I really love how the gimmick is 'concealed'...I must say this is the best version out there (at least that I know of...)

I'm very sad that I lost my Branded gimmick somehow (the single reveal one...) Smile
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
I bought this a while back and have used it much more than anticipated. Its easy to carry since it is so small and compact and super easy to do and everyone I do it for is always impressed/concerned haha. Turned out to be a winner! Would like to get more presentation ideas tho...
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I still carry Branded everyday. Over the summer I was traveling around and visiting friends and brought my guitar and did this little outdoor show with music and magic. Not busking ( you need talent for that ). Just had the guitar case open for sympathy donations or requests to please stop playing.

Anyway, If someone stopped, I'd show them an effect. Only did two. Card to Wallet ( Hip Pocket Mullica ) and Branded. These effects are drastic contrasts, but combined make for some incredible reactions. I'd do Branded and then have them sign the card and do Card To Wallet, so now they get a memento of the encounter. And...the Branded pips are still on my fingers after Card To Wallet is finished, so I hold the signed card up next to my fingers afterwards. Makes for a nice moment.

Branded would be a killer effect for Buskers I would think. People want to come close and see the marks on your fingers Nice way to get them closer for the pitch ( for folks that only do very small groups ). Any Buskers using Branded?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Is that you Chris? nice to see you back.No pm box????
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
What if you don't smoke?
~Joe
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-11-21 01:28, Joe Mauro wrote:
What if you don't smoke?

You should still carry a lighter...for when girls ask for a light. Smile
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quote:
On 2009-11-21 07:53, Mario Orsini wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-21 01:28, Joe Mauro wrote:
What if you don't smoke?

You should still carry a lighter...for when girls ask for a light. Smile

What if no girls are around? Smile

Branded is okay. I haven't used it but a couple of times.
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Use a blow up doll.
fib
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-11-22 05:37, fib wrote:
Use a blow up doll.
fib

But please be careful- plastics can be very flammable! ha-ha..
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I have been doing Titan's Finger since he showed me this last year then going into Branded. It kind of draws attention to your finger initially. Titan's effect looks unbelievable.

While I have not tried it I have also considered using Kostya Kimlat's Warning then later doing Branded. The only thing needed though is the gimmick will need a little filing inside to allow the sticker. Kostya's item is great as well.

Tim
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tim, could you share a bit about how you combine Titans Finger and Branded? I like piggy backing effects onto each other, so I'm curious. Not your personal routine, just the bare bones so to speak. Thanks!

Chris

Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Nothing clever here but I am happy to share what I do. I talk about how people think magician's hands are so fast and how flexile we have to be to do magic. I then go into Titan's Finger, supposedly breaking my finger, twisting it around, and "restoring" it. I then go into Branded- having a card selected running my finger under the lighter to get the blister, etc. I emphasize... "watch the finger we just twisted... you are not going to believe this". In this case, I obviously do NOT use the morph of the regular blister to the card blister. I believe the emphasis on the fingers before just makes them focus on the finger more (in a very magical and bizarre way) and so when the card blister appears they freak out even more (it could not have been there before). I know a few people have been scared of Titan's Finger but this effect KILLS. It's a bit like a top change... you may have concern that the method will work as it is so bold and ingenious but it DOES.

Tim
james1234
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of james1234
Hey, I have to say this trick does get killer reactions and the gimmicks are well made, however, my bigger one has already broken, is there anyway to get a replacement??
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Glad you are enjoying it. Feel free to contact me via my e-mail (not PM) and I will be glad to help you.

Tim Trono
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
BTW... check out Nathan Kranzo's Voodoo Card effect on his Extreme Magic Seminar DVD. It is excellent. I have used this and then gone into Branded. Perfect fit.

Tim
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
james1234
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of james1234
If anyone was looking for a different effect to use with branded, there's a really good effect on Wayne Houchins 'Art of Magic' DVD called carbon paper, its an excellent effect which I think was originally by Jay Sankey, If you liked the bonus trick on the dvd you should like this one too Smile

I would also like to thank tim for his excellent customer service for this product as I have received great communication from him Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ask someone to name a card in the deck. If they name one of the Branded cards, you have a miracle. If not, use the card they named for an ACR or the like. No loss. You can still do Branded after that.

I use Branded all the time and can't say enough about what a miracle it is in your pocket.

And...I still feel doing B'Wave without actual cards is a great way to go with Branded.

Chris

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Trono's "Branded" - The Painless Card Blister (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL