The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2008 entrée: Apollo Robbins » » Performing Character » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

i_neveregret
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of i_neveregret
Hello Apollo,

It's great to have you in the Magic Café. Your posts and replies are very helpful.
If you don't mind, I've a few questions for you. Smile

1) In your opinion, how can one presents a pickpocketing routine returning the goods without appear to be arrogant?

2) In your previous post, you've mentioned that Borra influenced your performing style. How did you get to know him? I'm looking forward to some interesting stories.

Thank you.

KenophLai
Apollo
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
77 Posts

Profile of Apollo
Hi KenophLai,

1) In your opinion, how can one presents a pickpocketing routine returning the goods without appear to be arrogant?

Often a lot of magicians can seem to adopt a look-at-what-I-can-do-and-you-can't attitude.
That is magnified when they try their hand at pickpocketing. I feel it is essentual to remember the pickpocket is supposed to be the "gentleman thief"... not boastful and arrogant.

Just because you steal an item doesn't mean you have to just return it. There are many other possibilities... be creative.

2) In your previous post, you've mentioned that Borra influenced your performing style. How did you get to know him? I'm looking forward to some interesting stories.

I only know about Borra from videos I have seen of him and his son, the many stories I have heard from those that knew him well and the articles and information I have found through research. I would still like to meet his son Charles.

~Apollo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2008 entrée: Apollo Robbins » » Performing Character » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL