The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wounded - for those who like the effect. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
There is already a thread consumed with argument over the rights and wrongs of this effect.

Some folk see playing cards as wrong but they do not hijack every discussion about cards.

So please allow those of us who appreciate this lawful product be allowed this space to discuss it.

I like to start by quoting Gabe's first post:

Quote:
If you haven't gotten this yet, and you like Stigmata effects... don't walk, run. This is absolutely the strongest effect of its kind. Be prepared to "give" for you art, which is quite apt in this case. There are several methods and routines provided on the DVD (and necessary tools to do all, in the full package). Also, if you want to do a quick, impromptu version, you will glean that from the DVD alone. All methods are strong, and be prepared for spectators to be scared... very scared. Or, in awe. Or both. The reactions I've been getting are astonishing. If actual Stigmata were to manifest itself on your body, this is exactly what it would look like. And when I say "exactly", I mean just that.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'll add my routine (please bear in mind I've not got my copy of wounded yet, I was just throwing a presentation out based on what I saw in the vid)!

Photos of bodily parts (careful!)...

mixed faced down...a knife pierces one in a weerd (sic) demonstration of how some cultures view photography as capturing a part of you...

the photo is turned over...it is a hand...a clean stab straight through the palm..

I slowly turn my hand over and open it...i wince, and slowly...

there is blood...

there are many other possiblities, no religions have to be mentioned at all...

I wonder if there's possiblities to make a photo bleed?
I've asked to be banned
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Abraxus,

Not exactly what you're after but hopefully it gives you some inspiration - I've kept this favorited for a year thinking it would come in handy one day.

http://usersites.horrorfind.com/home/hal......ait.html

I've seen bleeding pics (snapshot size) but will PM that.

Destiny
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
See an Outer God / Great Old One.... begin to cry blood.... then tear out a higley eye from your socket "Out out *** eye!!!!"....

This would be great for bar-mitzvahs and bridal showers!

(OK for you humorless types - a seance goshdarnitttt!!!)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Has anyone had any luck performing this?
P3
practice practice perform.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I don't have the DVD yet but I have used Tears of Blood from the book it is based on - and it's a great effect.

Living and working in the tropics I have to be careful to stay cool once prepared or the effect could kick in early, but once you've played with it a bit - it's no trouble.

Destiny
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Mine came yesterday - a word of warning to any hobby-ist out there buying this from the UK, please bear in mind its roughly $37 shipping, on top of the effect - and today fedex billed me a further £23 pounds for VAT and admin...

so you're looking at an extra £40 on top of the cost of the effect..

in my experience only...i don't mind paying that cos I'll make it back in gig/book money...but a word of warning to those that might be tempted to buy this just to show family/friends...

well shot dvd by the way!
I've asked to be banned
Thought farmer
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Thought farmer
Destiny,
I am in central Florida where it gets 38 C/ 97 F and 99% humidity. What special handling or preparation do I need to be aware of?
Athos
View Profile
Elite user
NADO - Mind reader
481 Posts

Profile of Athos
Abraxus made me interested in that product Smile
I just saw the juicy ideas this could have.

Max.
NADO
«How much of a gift it would be to really know what someone is thinking of?»
- Steeve Blanchet, news anchor, TVA
«Here is someone that truly uses his powers for good.»
- David Meclomesnil, weekend radio.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
This will blow peoples minds. Great effect.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Thought Farmer,

The temperature is only relevant for 1 of the included effects - for that effect it would be unfortunate if you were sweating heavily before or during the performance.

Destiny
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
In the DVD Robert goes over a way to deal with the heat for the 1 method that is heat sensitive.
P3
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
I know this wansn't supposed to be about the rights and wrong of th effect... and I realise that some people won't even allow playing cards in their house.

I just wanted to make it clear that I won't allow people that won't allow playing carsd in their house in my house. Insert your own punctuation as you see fit.
Thought farmer
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Destiny and Ted French,thank you for your answers. That was the information I needed to go from that's great to buy now. Thought Farmer.
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Thought Farmer, I am also in Central Florida, I have the effect, and you will be fine as long as you don't start sweating....so either prep for it immediately before you will be performing it, or perform it first if you plan on doing it outdoors.

Personally I love it.
Magic in the Shadows
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Is anyone performing L
P3
Thought farmer
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Shots, thank you for your reply also. PM you with a question.
jon_maronge
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of jon_maronge
I have been performing this for 3 years now. heat is only an issue when it is really hot.. so when I know it will be really hot, I excuse myself for a moment. ( if I'm thinking correctly on what the 1 method is that is heat sensative because I don't need to own the dvd of this effect because it uses my exact methods minus a few performance effect that were also a part of mine.) I apply that method to my entire face and arms.. come out.. do an effect that requires "concentration," and start sweating blood. That normally is a show ender though..lol

does anyone know how to get in touch with rob? if so pm me.

thanks,

Jon
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Jon,

His user name here is Robertson.

Allow me to test my memory Jon - I saw your name and a little cog turned.

You got into magic about 2 years ago - originally you were a psychic but then your interest in magic came about when you promoted a levitation on your website. The levitation was being sold by a 14 year old for $100 but it turned out to be all camera tricks - and really quite bad ones. My favourite was when he jumped off a garden wall then reversed the video.

After lot of controversy you realised the kid was scamming and disassociated yourself from him.

Please let me know what I got right and wrong - I was quite astonished when all that memory resurfaced.

Destiny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wounded - for those who like the effect. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL