The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Just a Nice Email... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Ok...so a quick set up. About a month and a half ago, I lost my Tuesday/Wednesday Night Gig. It was at a diner that traditionally was only opened for Breakfast and Lunch. The owner decided he wanted to try a dinner shift and hired me to perform every Tuesday and Wednesday Night. I played there for 1 year and tho' he was always packed on Tuesday/Wednesday's...he was dead the other 5 days of the week. So after one year, he closed the doors on the evening shift returning to his old hours of being open only for Breakfast and Lunch.

Ok...so that's the set up. I got home this afternoon and this was waiting for me in my Inbox:

>> Mr. Lyle,

I would like to share something with you. Most of the time, we go through life doing what we do and just trying to make it through. Rarely do we realize that we may be making an impact or touching a life without knowing it. Seeds are planted, impressions are made, a smile or kind word is spoken that may lighten a burden momentarily… all without conscious intent. I would like to thank you for doing just that for my children. I am a single mother and every Tuesday night the kids go with their father for dinner. While they love their father, it was not always an evening they enjoyed and, more often than not, they would come home sniping at each other and arguing with me. I never knew what to expect, but it was almost always difficult… until they started going to The Local Diner.

After that, they would come home full of so much joy and happiness; full of smiles and excitement. They would tell me the stories you shared with them or talk about how you amazed them with your magic. They began looking forward to Tuesday nights and my daughter has mentioned more than once how much she misses seeing you since the diner closed in the evenings. Knowing they would come home happy was more wonderful than you can ever imagine.

Your signature below says “The Magic of Christopher Lyle”… but I wonder if you realize that the magic is more than the tricks you do. May God bless you with the warmth and joy that you have shared with my children.

Thank you again…<<

I'm still in shock!!! Sometimes...we just never know how our talents will impact lives. Just thought I'd share this mothers uplifting words with all of you. = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
What a great letter! Congratulations.

That, to me, is what magic is all about.

Mark. Smile
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Christopher;
You have discovered what magic is really all about!

Magic is not about the tricks, it is about the smiles we put on peoples faces, that little uplifting moment we give them to escape the reality of the harsh world if even for a few moments.

Print that letter out and frame it, hang it proudly in your office, you have now joined the ranks of a very special club..... Entertainers!

Congratulations and keep up the good work.
All the Best
Marty
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Very nice Christopher, warm fuzzy feeling I'm sure! Congrats Smile
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Needless to say, send that to the restaurant.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Way to go Chris! That really makes me feel good.
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Lyle- it is things like that that make it all worth the time and effort you put into what you do. This says a lot about your skill not only as a perfomer but as a person and how you affected her children and brightened their evening/life. What a wonderful letter!!

Thanks for sharing!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Too cool. Just what Magic is supposed to be about: touching the people we perform for!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
369 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
Very cool! Just echoing what others have already said, what a super letter, that is what magic is all about, that’s why it’s called magic.

Like you said, we never know what is happening in the lives we come in contact with.

Great story thanks for sharing that Christopher!

Steven
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Yeah...I'm still shocked by it! I've printed it up and already found a frame for it. I get kudos all the time from people...but NEVER to this extent! This is one for the books! = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
That's a wonderful letter. I know you won't mind if I use it on my testimonials page. I promise to change all the names. JUST A JOKE!!!

From what I observed when I dropped in on you at The Diner, her children were not the only ones happy to see you. You do a great job.

Those special moments just don't happen to all that many accountants, over the road truck drivers, computer techs, etc., etc.
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Very heart-warming mate. Thanks so much for sharing.

I hope I wind up in this position some day.
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
magicsantana
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of magicsantana
Way to make a differance
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
That is awesome, Christopher!
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Chris, I got teary-eyed from reading that, and I don't even know you....

Congratulations! A great reminder of why we do what we do.
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
One of the highest compliment is an unsolicited email like that. Be proud and know that we can make a difference. What a great feeling to know that doing something we truly love can affect others in such a way.

Congratulations!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Just a Nice Email... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL