The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Early "Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull" review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Here is an early review of the new Indy movie from Ain't It Cool News allegedly from someone who's seen it as a tester.

serious spoilers here folks...

Please keep in mind that AICN has been seriously wrong/hoaxed with their super secret big blockbuster preview/reviews in the past...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Thanks for the heads up about the spoilers, I make a serious effort not to read things that have spoilers in them. I always remember planing to go see "The Empire Strikes Back" on opening day. I'd gone out of my way NOT to read the copies of the comic that were lying around in the mail room. (This was back when I worked for Marvel Comics) I didn't know the crew that had worked on that comic had been treated to a sneak preview the night before until I overheard Paty arguing with our stat man Elliot. (And when she got going, you could hear Paty across the office!)

"No, no! They recorded his voice all wrong! Darth should have said, 'Luke! I _AM_ your father!' "
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
AAaargh! I think I would have killed her... Yes. People who don't want to know the plot and details (according to someone who claims to have seen the film) should not read this one.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Not about the Movie, rather a little history on the real Crystal Skulls.
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_6_1.htm
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
There are other reviews online that are very positive. This 'early reviewer' sounds like one of the annoying always negative fan boys that delight in spoiling others fun or flat out ruining it. Dismissed as pointless till the real reviewers get aboard. An AICN regular reviewer is also up with an opposing review. (He liked it.)

Me, I'll wait till I se it as you will.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I got my tickets already. 7:15 evening of Thursday May 22...Ziegfeld theater on West 54th.

Please remove your fedoras before the film begins.
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Quote:
On 2008-05-17 14:26, Eddie Garland wrote:

Never!
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
POOF!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
George Lucas has gone out of his way to lower expectations. He said: "When you do a movie like this, a sequel that's very, very anticipated, people anticipate ultimately that it's going to be the Second Coming. And it's not. It's just a movie, just like the other movies.

"You probably have fond memories of the other movies. But if you went back and looked at them, they might not hold up the same way your memory holds up."

He added: "You're not going to get a lot of accolades doing a movie like this. All you can do is lose."

Awww, poor guy. Crying all the way to the bank, no doubt...

Here's a clue then, old man. Don't be a loser. Don't make the freaking movie if YOU aren't up to snuff. There are a lot of talented youngsters out there who would have given their very souls to have gotten a crack at this hollywood icon -and they would have all but insured an amazing movie that WOULD have held up to our fondest memories with getting caught up in yours and Spielberg's directorial ego.

But god forbid the mighty LUCAS would give up even a modicum of control over anything that fell from a tree that bore him fruit once in the past...

It's no wonder to me that Peter Jackson gave up directing The Hobbit in favor of Guillermo del Toro -it's because his EGO is slightly smaller than the freaking DEATH STAR itself, and would rather see a good film made than see his name stamped into the credits under "Lord and Director"!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-17 14:26, Eddie Garland wrote:
I got my tickets already. 7:15 evening of Thursday May 22...Ziegfeld theater on West 54th.

I'm going to stand outside the Ziegfeld Theatrer and ruin it for everyone. I'm going to holler out.... " Sean Connery is Indy's father!!!!!"

That kind of line really got em upset back in 1980 I tells ya!

Best,

Tim
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
OK... while I wait for the film to open its time to nitpick. LOL

I just watched a trailer and there is a rocket engine of some sort. The film is set in the 50s but the rocket had a digital display ( not yet invented at that time)for the countdown instead of the analog one it would have had if such things really had countdown numbers on them at all. LOL

Best,

Tim
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Quote:
On 2008-05-17 21:13, Timothy Drake wrote:
OK... while I wait for the film to open its time to nitpick. LOL

I just watched a trailer and there is a rocket engine of some sort. The film is set in the 50s but the rocket had a digital display ( not yet invented at that time)for the countdown instead of the analog one it would have had if such things really had countdown numbers on them at all. LOL

Best,

Tim

It's area 51, so I'm guessing they were way ahead of the time.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-17 21:16, Clock wrote:
It's area 51, so I'm guessing they were way ahead of the time.

Good one. Leave it to a guy named Clock to answer a time piece question!

Best,

Tim
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Digital as in nixie tubes?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-17 22:22, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Digital as in nixie tubes?

It actually looks like LED's. Take a look.

Best,

Tim
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
I, too, live vicariously through Indiana Jones. I hope this movie kicks absolute butt left and right, up and down. More said after viewing.

(Humming theme music to self...)
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I always wanted them to make a Indy Mine Ride at some theme park where your coaster looks like mining cars and flies through caves really quickly. The coaster would have hydraulics on it to tilt it sideways at a 45 degree angle. At some point you'd go round a long curve on the edge of a very high cliff. There'd be wreckage of other mining cars that fell off way down below.

As you rounded that corner your car would tip up on the 45 degree angle and you'd hear the sound of metal wheels squealing on the metal tracks. To the rider it's seem like the mining car their were riding in was riding on two wheels about to fall over.

Best,

Tim
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
This is about as close as they've come
http://youtube.com/watch?v=L_DvH_Od8PI
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-17 23:50, Eddie Garland wrote:
Fingers crossed...

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/t......3920.ece

Sigh of Relief!

Thanks Eddie!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Early "Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull" review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL