The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Millionaire by Peter Eggink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Love the -30 fps webcam like footage.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Let's hear those real world reviews!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Pierot
View Profile
New user
Everywhere and nowhere
10 Posts

Profile of Pierot
Ciao,

IMO, there is realy no need for review here.

The demo video presented on Peter's website actually exposes the method, both during the actual moment of change (particularly in the 'grainy' vid) and then during the turnaround manoeuver (in the second video).

The effect appears to be the application of a very old method (traditionally used with cards -recently in Bich's TnR, for example, and probably invented by Hofzinser many years ago) applied to paper curency.

I predict that the bill can neither be borrowed, freely shown, handled or handed out.

I presume the effect would play really good on tv for a short spot in the right circumstances but not very practical for the true Worker.

P
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Shops are carrying this now. I watched the clip again and don't see anything that warrants the comments made by some folks that got to look at this before it was released.

I'd love to fall in love with this and eat my words, but I am not spending $30 to find out.

Any brave souls going to take the plunge?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I might. As I said in another thread, this does not look like any other 1 bill change I've ever seen. There's no cover. I think it looks pretty darn good!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Millionaire is a nice instantaneous bill change using NO cover whatsoever.

While viewing the demo vid, it looks like a very clever flap kind of a gimmick is on play with some sort of springing action. But I might be totally wrong.

Nevertheless the effect looks very nice & very visual.

IMHO, the effect is worth considering.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The DVD specs are vague. Can you borrow a bill, can the bill be handed out, reset time, etc. need to be answered.

And are we to take this review serious:

"Watching Millionaire for the first time was like getting hit by a train – I literally PASSED OUT! When I came round, I thought..."I just had the strangest dream that Peter Eggink had invented the PERFECT bill change!"
- David Forrest

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Well, I do know Dave wouldn't supply a quote unless he meant it.

I don't think the bill can be handed out unless a switch is made. But I'm not sure it needs to be handed out.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2753 Posts

Profile of lunatik
With Prophet and Extreme Burn on the market, I think Millionaire needs to come down in pricing, but that's just my opinion.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-08-23 16:29, lunatik wrote:
With Prophet and Extreme Burn on the market, I think Millionaire needs to come down in pricing, but that's just my opinion.

I agree. Peter won't become a 'millionaire' by releasing this one just now.

Also, I wonder if it's an evolution of 'Copy Cash' that he released through JB Magic?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-08-23 16:21, Cameron Francis wrote:

I don't think the bill can be handed out unless a switch is made. But I'm not sure it needs to be handed out.

Cameron, I know Dave's your pal, but do you honestly believe that quote? He literally passed out?

He's Peter's friend and I think that's fine that friend's support each others work. I'm sure Dave liked the video clip. But that was WAY over the top for an endorsement. lol.

korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1801 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-08-23 18:12, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-08-23 16:21, Cameron Francis wrote:

Cameron, I know Dave's your pal, but do you honestly believe that quote? He literally passed out?

He's Peter's friend and I think that's fine that friend's support each others work. I'm sure Dave liked the video clip. But that was WAY over the top for an endorsement. lol.

To be honest this is one of the biggest problems in magic Café these days. Reviews are far from honest. Friends hype their friends products and they return the favor later. If someone, who isn't connected to them tells their honest review about the product he gets bashed by the fan army... In my opinion rule would be in place here that it is forbidden to hype on anyone you know personally product more than, lets say 3 times. And similarly also forbid messages that don't add anything to subjects, such like "thanks", "I will surely get this", "This is great" and so on. They are just annoying and make threats last 5 more pages than they should.

J-M
Frank A. Glastone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Frank A. Glastone
Thanks..this is great..I'll surely get this.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think if Magician "A's" friend, Magician "B", puts out an effect that is incredible and Magician "A" uses it, he should be able to tell everyone how much he likes it. I certainly want to hear if a known performer adds something to his set.

Well, maybe it's an effect that Magician "A" won't use ( doesn't fit his typical venue ), but thinks it's great, I still don't mind the endorsement. I trust people and like to think they do the right thing.

But when I see raves and then look at the demo and I don't "pass out" because it was the greatest effect I've ever seen, then I start to question things.

Maybe Dave Forrest will come and say he liked the effect and was attempting to make a funny endorsement.

I like Peter's work. I would love to know more about this bill switch ( can the bill be borrowed, handed out, etc. ). But, I need to know more before I spend that much money.

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
HI

To me that bill change looked amazing. Chris asked about the bill being borrowed and handed out- these are important questions for the workers. If it can't I still feel the effect could be thrown into a routine where those points become less critical. And at the very least, this will look great on a promo video for any magician.

Regards,
MAC.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

When we say an effect "kills" we don't mean it murdered someone. When we say "my jaw hit the floor!", our jaws most likely didn't hit the floor. Sometimes in order to express our excitement over something, we use colorful language.

Also, I don't know Peter Eggink. I was just responding to the demo. But I will say, this, I respond honestly to stuff. Even if I know the person. If I don't like something, most likely I won't post about it. Fortunately, I happen to know some really good guys who put out quality material so it's not really an issue.

Also, when I send my stuff to folks I know, I never ask them to post about it on the Café. I don't even imply it. If they choose to post a nice comment, that's great. If they don't post anything, that's fine too.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I say "this kills". "My eyes pooped out of my head". But I don't add "literally".

If someone says they literally passed out, that cancels out the poetic exaggeration.

Name endorsements are great. I appreciate seeing them because I believe them.

This demo clip didn't match the Forrest endorsement. Maybe one day I'll get this and will literally pass out. I'd love that. I'd come here screaming about it.

I happen to love to be proved wrong. I'm always looking to add a killer effect and drop another that doesn't match it.

anthi
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of anthi
Reminds me of an old card effect
think ill tinker it by myself Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Anyone have to to review?

jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
I ordered it yesterday. I should get it in a few days.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Millionaire by Peter Eggink (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL