The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you take better care of your Props, or your Body? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
What's in better shape, your props or your (Overall) health?

I've noticed that some big names who used to be so fit and trim, have really let themselves go.

Are you taking care of yourself?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Silly boy
I need them both.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I easily spend as much time polishing my cups as I do my... Oh, never mind!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
No wonder you have that S'eatin grin!...lol

hey now...
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
I maintain everything in my control with the best of care.
POOF!
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Great question Justin!

Honestly?

For the last few years I've taken WAY better care of my props than I have my health....

I was recently Dx with Hypertension (stage II) and was placed on meds for it....

This was a wake up call.

We've joined a Gym, started eating better (although my cholesterol is PHENOMINAL at 134!), and I'm STRUGGLING, TRYING, to quit smoking....

So far, in like 6 months, I've lost 70 pounds and have about 90 to go....

I'd love to be back on the bike, but the hills here make it a BIG challenge seeing as I'm still pretty heavy....I'm considering a recumbant trike, but my wife hates the idea because they are so low to the ground....

Ok, enough rambling.

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hey, Prof --

Way to go! As a fellow fighter in the battle of the bulge, I empathise with your struggle and congratulate your achievement. Smile
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Props for sure... you have no idea what I do with my cards to keep them in great condition.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Depends which props and which body parts. I take good care of my wand. . . but is that a body part or a prop?
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
One mans 'good care' is anothers mans 'abuse'.

Did you have your corn flakes today?

Destiny
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Thanks Leland!!

I celebrate all the SMALL victories (this is my secret to success!)....

I haven't really looked at the 'total' until recently....

Up until then it's been a situation like, "Ok, I lost 9 pounds this week!!"

It's all about the small, obtainable goals that will lead you to success....I'll believe this until the day I retire for my dirt nap....

Keep on, keepin on....

Prof. Piper
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Neither
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Good luck Prof. Piper! God bless!

Remember two things; it's NOT a race. Just keep consistant and don't be too hard on yourself for being human and slipping here and there.

And, drink LOTS of water, enough so you urinate at least 2 - 3 liters per day.

If you ever need any help or encouragement, feel free to call anytime. I look forward to taking you for a spin around Central Park on bikes, one day! And don't sweat the hills. (start out by just walking up them...remember, slowly, one step at a time!) The town I grew up in is the second hilliest town per capita, in the nation. second only to San Francisco!

If possible, I would suggest buying and using a Heart Rate Monitor. Work within your zone! You'll stay safe and you will see better results AND will never OVEREXERT yourself.

Good luck!
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
We should most definitely take better care of our bodies more so then our props. First rule in prop management.. Don't beat'em.

With a good health of the body, one can last longer and do more things then an out of health person. But like it has been posted before; a definition of health to one person may mean another definition to someone else. One might take it as having a better built body ( Only those with the proper exerice, genetics and diet will actually acheive that; remember most of that is genetics.)
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Detiny,
This morning was the first time I had Corn Flakes in over a year. Wierd you should say that.

One day a week, sometimes two, when I'm off work I sit around eating junk food, not washing and crappin' in my pants. Smile
My teeth need work and I need more than my $2 reading glasses.
Heck! I'm 56 and don't want to exercise every day like I did in my younger days.

The rest of the week my work keeps me fit and I do take care of myself.

My props get piled up sometimes during practice but other than that they don't need much care.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Currently dealing with a umbilical hernia, wisdom teeth, missing filling, bung knees, a cold and insomnia!

I turned 28 and my body decided to give up!
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I'm 62, still train with weights for about 1 1/2 hrs., 4 to 5 times a week. But, I'm also real good to my coins.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Great! I've got something to look forward to!
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-05-20 11:44, Justin Style wrote:
Good luck Prof. Piper! God bless!

Remember two things; it's NOT a race. Just keep consistant and don't be too hard on yourself for being human and slipping here and there.

And, drink LOTS of water, enough so you urinate at least 2 - 3 liters per day.

If you ever need any help or encouragement, feel free to call anytime. I look forward to taking you for a spin around Central Park on bikes, one day! And don't sweat the hills. (start out by just walking up them...remember, slowly, one step at a time!) The town I grew up in is the second hilliest town per capita, in the nation. second only to San Francisco!

If possible, I would suggest buying and using a Heart Rate Monitor. Work within your zone! You'll stay safe and you will see better results AND will never OVEREXERT yourself.

Good luck!

I hear ya pal, I hear ya...

I have a monitor and use it all the time, so I'm 'good' on that end...

Something you didn't address: What do you think, as a rider, of the recumbant trikes? Ever really looked at them? Thoughts?

I LOVE the look of the "Cat".....Very sleek, looks extremely comfy...just so dang low to the ground!

Whadda ya think?

Prof. Piper
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I spend big bucks on both. In the US health care is outrageous.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you take better care of your Props, or your Body? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL