The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Neilson Living Latex Dove (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Hello Guys, here's something for a general discussion...I acquired the Living latex dove from DOVE BOY, a member here on the Café. It was to install into my appearing dove cage; I have however, used live doves in my cage and I've found no use for the latex dove. One of the Ideas I have in mind, is to produce the latex dove barehanded...show it for a few seconds, then vanish it into a silk, produce more silk and then produce the appearing cage with a live bird inside...I've not done this live yet so I dun know the responses...But this set me thinking...What would you do with a latex dove?!?
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
I like the idea of producing a latex dove, audience laughs as you show it's fake then turn it into a real dove.

But your idea sounds good so I would go for it!

All the best,

~Ed
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5015 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Kyle, your idea is nice and would work, however I have a personal opinion about "exposing" the rubber dove. For a magician audience, I have no problem but many effects with doves are based on the use of rubber doves that the audience is unaware of. By producing the rubber one for a lay audience, it seems to me to be a bit of exposure putting the idea in their heads.

I'm not saying they are unaware of rubber doves, just that they shouldn't be aware of when one is being used.

I might be a little too critical in this regard but that's my opinion.
Where the magic begins
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
I produce a real dove and then smash it in a lunch bag! As I turn around I switch the bird in my topit as I pick up the bag. I also stuff the fake bird with white feathers so when I smash the bag feathers fly everywhere... Gets a GREAT reaction!! LOL

- Wade
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5015 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Exactly Wade. The audience really isn't aware that you've switched the dove. That was my point.
Where the magic begins
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Fielding West does a version of the above mentioned switch where he appears to bare handed crush the dove which he than brings out the live bird from his pocket,

not to be used in kid shows, but, for the right audiance it is killer...
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Rich Marotta have another good routine with a Latex Dove and a MAK box for sw****ng,
Good Luck,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Actually...the dove is not shown to be a rubber one...I can be produced barehanded...but is presented As a live dove...reason why I opted for this is because, most shows I do would not be good to keep a live dove hidden in your tails for too long...thats why the rubber one comes into play...Its produced jus like any other dove, vanishes?? and Transposes into a cage tat appears as well!
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Tony Clark teaches a version that he actually uses in his act in where the Latex Dove is used for a toss vanish which turns into his Phantom of the Opera Mask. He also talks about other ways of using one. See his DVDs.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
YUP James, Sure did check that out...one idea from Greg frewin ws to remove it from the dove cage ( covered in black silk before hand) then vanish it... I may do that...But I dun really like the idea of producing doves, placing them into the cage, then removing one again...Rather produce it then vanish it and have it appear in a cage...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Neilson Living Latex Dove (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL