The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Hey guys I am starting a magic group with a few guys and we would love your tips and suggestions! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2008-05-20 10:30, Sh4de wrote:
Hey how are you all!! I have a group of about 5 magicians and we're trying to improve. And we thought there's no better way to improve than to throw your self out there and let people criticize you! so we are going to start making videos of ourselves heading out to town and performing to random strangers! all this to get some feed back hopefully from some magicians who can help us improve our magic!

This is our first video hope to hear from some of you! I've read some great posts!

Jay

ps the link is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp_zS4ZLONo

Hi Jay,

I thought it was excellent, top quality production and some great sleight of hand. The more you guys go out and perform your stuff the quicker you will know what works for you.

Just keep at it, I was once like you guys and I was always told "you don't need to do the clever stuff", I make my living doing the "clever stuff" and for me it was the best apprenticeship I ever did. Great presentational skills combined with excellent sleight of hand will set you apart from the crowd.

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Sh4de
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Sh4de
Hey Gary I just went to your site and saw all those nice pictures! you sure do know how to do the clever stuff!! I totally agree with you I think that knowing how to do these "fancy cuts" especially while doing something like a gamble routine is excellent! I really want to thank for you that comment! I wish you all the best with your business also!
Sh4de
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Sh4de
Hey don't mean to post again! but if you guys that responded to me in this post want to see our next clip is up!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IwxZewMQ0d8

Would love to hear from you guys! we are starting with very simple tricks and slowly working our way up to much harder magic. But we wanted to try and use very simple effects to get great reactions! that was our challenge haha. thanks again everyone!
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Hi, Sh4de, if you are still monitoring this thread: I suggest you go to The Magic Café categories [go to Home, then into Enter Dining Room, and scroll down about 4 screens to the section Close up Workers, then to to subcategory "The Sidewalk Shuffle" to read about performing tricks on the street to the public. Personal development-wise, you wouldn't be out on the street as you read about in that section until you have worked routines and patter and practice for presenting tricks in an entertaining way. Then, out on the streets you get to perfect your presentation. Regards.
The presentation makes the magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Hey guys I am starting a magic group with a few guys and we would love your tips and suggestions! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL