The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » This must be the best Linking Rope trick ever. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I really like the Raeke Knot as a utility knot, I just feel that the big deal made about the demo and the effect, is annoying. As shown, all that is done is hand out, tie knots and link ropes.
Then to charge what is being charged for nothing more than a special knot is appauling. The availability of several colors is like a snake-oil salesman selling different colored bottles of the same effect.
The validity of incorporating a linking ropes effect and then going on from there, is great, but that is not what is being sold.
Whereas, the manuscript you sent me was great. It gave clear instruction and several routines. That is the way it should be done.
Plus, as I mentioned in previous posts, the knot as used in linking ropes is as suspicious and obvious. You practically have to have a firecracker to go off to distract the spectator in order to do the move. Plus, there are no outs, and if the spectator is not cooperative, the trick is over. The misdirection only works one on one. If you are doing that effect on stage or on TV, then there is no misdirection, which is why..after seeing the Video demo, I am giving what is being sold a big thumbs down. I am also doing so, because the original post about this effects other buyers and they just haven't seen the best.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Must look for this,Anytime Anywhere Linking Ropes-Wayne Raeke, I live in uk.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I got mine from Marty, he gave his website above
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
roningramii
View Profile
New user
Van Buren, Arkansas
18 Posts

Profile of roningramii
The E J Moore version will definitely be inserted into my routine to add yet another layer of mind blowing magic into my arsenal. I never considered using ungimmicked ropes for that in the middle of my routine. Thank you all and especially Ian.
Ron Ingramii
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
The 'Tri Colour Nightmare' by Gycklaren Magic comes with a dvd ,
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
The Dick Williams linking ropes came from Supreme Magicgram. It's not a new method.
Tricky Ricky
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » This must be the best Linking Rope trick ever. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL