The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Movement (Entity's Open Prediction) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
Sorry entity, it had to happen.

I am asking everyone to get with me on this "movement".

I would like to openly beg entity to release his "Open Prediction" effect.

I was fortunate enough to have the knowledge of 2 of his "Open Prediction" effects and they are awesome! I am very picky when it comes to what I perform and I am very confident when I tell you that I have performed both versions of his "open prediction" effects. I can't say enough about them.

Entity has stated that he believes this secret version of the "Open Prediction" is the true version that Stewart James performed and had very strict requirements for performing this effect.

As I said a couple times already. My soul is for sale!

Please help me convince Entity that it is time to release his effect.

Aaron

P.S. Maybe someone who knows how to cut and paste here on the Café can paste all of Stewart James requirements for this effect. It is quit amazing that an effect can happen with so many restrictions.
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Nice... well if it's from Entity then I'm sure it'll be a fantastic version on that style of effect/routine.

'RPS Entity' was a really nice little piece, and 'A card merely thought of' is one of the best purchases I think ive ever made, with so much information and knowledge within it's unreal.

Hopefully we will see this available to some degree, though let's let Entity get all he can from it before allowing us to learn of it's workings etc, if at all.

But I'll definitely agree that something else from him would be worth looking forward to.
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
Well right now I feel a really bad sick feeling in my stomach. It was just confirmed that Entity has decided never to release his "Open Prediction" effect.

I have to say that I am truely bummed about this. I however completely understand his thoughts on this and the respect he has for what Stewart James wanted.

It is a sad loss indeed.

Aaron
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
In the world of Mentalism, how can an enduring Mystery ever be thought of as a "loss"?

- entity
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
Just a loss for those of us who would have loved to perform it.

I see your point though.

Aaron
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
You might check out The Paper Plane Chair Game from the Mental Mysteries of Hector Chadwick. It's a very nice open prediction worked out over some years with input from Chadwick's knowledgeable friends.

The first friend he thanks in the book is a smart fellow named Thomas Baxter. You know who that is, don't you?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I would say never release it - especially as entity is a big fan of Canasta and Mr. Berglas's ACAAN - why not keep it back and enjoy whatever legend you can build up for yourself?

It's good for the soul to be told "no" every once in a while...
I've asked to be banned
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Only entity doesn't believe in a 'soul' Smile

Thomas,
It sounds like you have a real cracker on your hands. Kudo's for not releasing it.

Best,
Jerome
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I believe in having soul. Just not in having "a" soul.

- entity
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
I never got to see the open prediction, although I heard all about it, I wish I had pushed him to show me now.
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
Maybe that was the sick feeling I had in my stomach.

I am feeling better now.

Aaron
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
We'll all just have to come up with one of our own.

What one man can do another can as well. Smile

J
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Smile Please excuse my ignorance, but would someone describe this effect for me? Thanks.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
In the sort of Open Prediction that I do with cards, first proposed by Paul Curry and inspired by Stewart James, it goes like this:

A borrowed pack of cards is used. The performer never touches the cards.
He writes down the name of a playing card, say, the 4 of Spades, and shows it to everyone (hence the name, Open Prediction).

The participant shuffles the cards, then begins to deal cards one at a time face up onto the table. Everyone watches to see if the 4 of Spades turns up. The participant continues to deal through until they feel the urge to stop. When they stop, they deal the next card face down, unseen, to one side.

Then they continue dealing through the remainder of the pack face up. Tension mounts as they near the end of the pack and the 4 of Spades still hasn't appeared.

Finally all of the cards have been dealt and the 4 of Spades didn't show up. The participant turns the card that they dealt face down over, and it is the 4 of Spades, the card predicted at the beginning.

- entity
ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On 2008-05-22 23:16, entity wrote:
it goes like this: [...]

Is this description literally true or this is what they will remember?

Thanks
What would a real mindreader do?
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
That does sound good.

I say we bully him till he releases it.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Mmm...Ive seen a certain someone on British TV do that very effect, whether it's the same MO or not I obviously don't know, but I certainly know how the TV version was done. Smile
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
DB did it to the president of the playing card company, very nice little routine actually, very sneaky too.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Guys, read the description again. It is very different to the routine that DB did. Entity is dealing the cards face up.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
So does DB in the second part of the routine doesn't he?

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Movement (Entity's Open Prediction) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL