The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Table for magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jodbirch
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
12 Posts

Profile of jodbirch
BMF,

Cool! Those are some good ideas! I didn't think about the possibility they might be able to thread something for you. I saw some newal posts that were really nice. I'm gonna look into that. Thanks for the ideas!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Where will you be using this table?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
jodbirch
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
12 Posts

Profile of jodbirch
Frank,

I'm planning on using this one as a practice table. I live in an apartment, so I'd like an easily moveable/stowable one that's easy to deal with. I have a heavier-duty one I use as my "official" performance table that I keep stored away for the few "real" gigs I do.

Anyway...only a magician would want to build ANOTHER close-up table to "simplify" things! Here's another irony: My Father is an accomplished wood-worker. Somehow the gene for that skips a generation in my family...
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Jodbirch, if you're just looking to practice, the Mikame Pitch/Practice table is about the smallest and lightest table you could find -- it uses your suitcase and its pull-out handle as it's legs. It may take some DIY to get it set up perfectly, but I rather like mine.

I did a review of it here, and the link is in the review.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=113&1

Bill
magicator
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of magicator
I made my own and I love it. I bought a stand for a keyboard in a kids store. It's a metal stand you can fold up and adjust the height.
Then I got a piece of wood cut to measures of my taste. I covered it with a foam layer, and wrapped the whole thing in a nice velvet. It is squishy enough to do matrix. I love it!
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
I use a wooden, black lacquered TV tray that Target stocks for around $8. It looks very classy and folds for easy storage and movement.
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Walmart has a sweet wooden card table with wooden folding legs for under $50. Received one for my Bday this year.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I'm having a few of my Table Hopper's Friends made up. For Café members ONLY, I'm giving a 25% discount--$45 instead of $60. You can see the THF on my website (listed in my signature line) on the "Other Items" page. Please don't use the cart, though, or you won't get the discount. You'll need to PayPal me directly.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
Thanks for the tip about Walmart Kingry. I will check it out
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I use a table that is used for serving breakfast, it folds together, packs light and has the perfet size, it also has a border, which prevents balls rolling offand you just put your close up mat on it and are reay to go.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
You may check Michael Ammar's web site, he has a pdf for sale teaching you how to build a table for a very affordable price, like US$20?
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Table for magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL