The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Everyone....You have a great place here. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
153 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Hello. My name is Tim. I hail from Batavia Ohio (just east of Cincinnati).

I work as a technical trainer teaching advanced X.500 systems, networking and security.

I use prestidigitation in class to illustrate to people concepts of security, deception and phishing.

I also regularly annoy my friends with it... Smile

My primary interest is in money magic as it is readily available and when you pull out a deck of cards everyone knows you are going to do a magic trick and suspect the cards.

I would like to explore mentalism but what I have encountered so far does not seem to adapt it self to a class or small party well or is very expensive or requires a collaborator.

I would love to spend more $$ on magic but my other hobbies are flying and motorcycling so the budget is well divided (sigh).

I became interested in doing magic in highschool when a friend took a serious interest in it and even began doing shows as a part-time job.

However, I got started myself in collage when I was working on my graduate degree in the Philosophy of Science. I was doing some work that required me to read up on Carl Sagan and I found him discussing the work of the Amazing Randi. I then started reading up on Randi visiting a magic shop on the Cincinnati sky-walk (now gone)and one thing led to another and now I am here.
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Welcome to the Café Tim.

I am a mentalist based in Cincinnati. Maybe we could brainstorm some ideas for you to use in your class sometime. But for now ...welcome and learn all you can.

THOUGHTfully,
London
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Welcome to the Magic Café.

I bet you can work some great patter into yur act from your science, biking and flying background. (eg "This is a trick a pilot taught me...)
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Mary Jane
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Mary Jane
Hi Tim

I wanted to go to Cincinnati largely due to the playing card company. Its definately on my list of places to go. But being in London will have to save up! Has Cincinnati got any other magical links to it?

MJ
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hello, I'm Justin Style. Welcome to the Café!
Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
153 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

London, I would like to take you up on your offer! Also, please let me know of any local events.

Apprentice, Yes, the patter is very important to me as I am often trying to get a point across in addition to the entertainment value of the trick. Even, so I sometimes find the patter the hardest part.

MJ, Cincinnati does have the US playing card co. and the do have plant and historical tours. However, I don't know if there is enough about Cincinnat to warrent a visit from the UK! Smile I won't travel that far myself unless there is $$ or a beach involved! Smile

Justin, who are the other 7?
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Hi Tim Smile

Great to have you with us here at the Café' !

Mike
illuzzionz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of illuzzionz
Welcome.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Tim,
Your resume is really nice to read. Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 36.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Everyone....You have a great place here. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL