The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I want to impress my neighbor.... what should I do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
wackyvorlon
View Profile
New user
Sarnia, ON, Canada
72 Posts

Profile of wackyvorlon
I have learned amazing amounts of knowledge by doing nothing more than being humble, and acknowledging the expertise of others. Often, in this sort of situation, people are willing to tell you huge amounts of information. You have the opportunity to learn things that no school or book or DVD can teach you. As well, you have access to someone who can give you an incredibly valuable critique.
Amiable
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Amiable
Quote:
On 2008-05-27 16:24, NabsS wrote:
One of the best ways (IMHO) to impress a pro is to use a method they will never consider using, such as basing an effect on an unsuspected STOOGE. But make it really undetectable, because it's a real catastrophe in your honor if he discovers about a stooge.

You may also do a stage trick with identical twins. It's quite an uncommon thing (because twins are so rare), but if you happen to have some in your neighborhood, you could really baffle him.

Ouch. I'm not sure the original poster needs this Spell of Sarcasm Smile
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
Like others have said, learn 1 or 2 tricks and learn them WELL. Most people get caught up in trying too many tricks and never focusing and really getting good at just a few.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I want to impress my neighbor.... what should I do? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL