The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » ..somebody might know.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I've always loved the "Dancing Egg" routine I learned many years ago from the wonderful Irv Weiner. I use it in conjunction with a bowl routine. My problem my old egg looks like an old egg. It's slowly turning grey. I tried spaying one white. But it became too glossy looking. Also bleach or washing didn't do much. I bought a new egg (for silk to egg) but the hole is too large. Any idea on effecting the finish. Or finding that old style smaller opening?
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
You might try using fine sand paper to go over the egg that looks to glossy. That would rough it up some.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Use a primer like Kilz instead of paint.
POOF!
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3399 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
White shoe polish (liquid).

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Hey , some interesting ideas! Thank you
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2876 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Eggs aren't really white -- more like an eggshell white. Smile

Seriously, there are hundreds of different colors we call white. If you look at a real (white) egg, you'll see it has a very slight sheen instead of being a flat color. Without getting into custom-mixing a color like we do in theater, I'd suggest getting a can of something like an almond or other slight off-white color and spraying it lightly while using a real egg for reference. I like to use two or more different spray colors, one on top of the other, to get just the color I want.

To finish it, a very light sanding like Terry suggested, with something like a 220 grit paper is a good idea.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Spray it with dull lacquer finish acrylic epoxy paint.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
I think lacquer might be hard to come by in Canada.
POOF!
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
Tester's dull cote. (also used a roughing spray) will take the gloss off anything
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
There must be an egg out there with a smaller hole than the Silk to egg I bought. The hole is so big when you put your thumb into it to do the "dancing egg" routine it just drops off. Thanks for your suggestions , but I'll try plan "B" , measure the opening and canvas the dealers. Alan
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Alan,

The usual problem is quite the opposite. Cheaper eggs have smaller holes.

Contact RJE here on The Café and we can have a ceramic one with a very small hole made for you.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » ..somebody might know.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL