The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Please recommend some quality Thimble !! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
I have small hands especially in pinky portion and I would like to get a quality thimble which suits my size.

Hope some one can review some fantastic material..

Symmatrix

Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
The best thimbles made (and balls, too) are obviously from Fakini. I don't know how the sizes run.

Steve Thomas
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I am 14 and have large(ish) hands and I found the Fakini thimbles just that little bit to big, when I pressed them on however they were fine. I would like if he done a set of all pinkie thimbles (they are a little smaller inside) as they fit perfectly and feel comfortable on.

APart from that, you might want to try the Vernet set of 16 thimbles, snce they are nesting thimbles they come with a small one and a slightly larger one that fits over the smaller one. That way, you have 2 different sized thimbles.

Hope this helps,
-Kevin-
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
The best thimbles I'v got I bought from a dressmaking shop. I was able to go through the selection and chose the ones that fit each finger. They even nest in sets of three.
Eddie
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I messed around with a lot of thimbles and I think the best, so far, are the little ones put out by Joe Mogar. Denny & Lee sell them and they come in all kinds of colors. When you get them you may think they are cheap-o looking, but they handle very nicely (which is what I'm paying for). The problem with the Vernets and the Fakini's IMHO are that they are so freaking big. I mean, they're HUGE . . . who uses a "thimble" that big. The Vernets are a little too smooth for me too. Metal thimbles are obviously thimbles, but they don't nest and lock too easily and they are kind of hard to see, unless you stripe them with plastic strips (which I see commonly) or silver plate them. Like the rest of us, you're going to have to experiment until you get it right for you.
brownbeauty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of brownbeauty
Most fabric retail stores carry a very nice metal thimble from Germany. They come in many sizes. Normal cost is $2.50 each. I use John Carneys idea of painting the body and taping the bottom portion. They make a nice popping sound. I hope that helps!

Rudy
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have a couple of nice wooden thimble sets. BRIGHT orange (neon) for visibility. If anybody wants some good thimbles, let me know.

Steve Thomas
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I was about to summarize the differences in various thimbles, but the informayion has already been put together. You can find it here:

http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/magthimb.htm

0pus
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
Have you seen hottrix's Automatic Thimbles? They seem pretty cool. Glow in the dark, rainbow colors... I have never seen those. They have a demo too.

http://www.hottrix.com/html/Automatic%20Thimbles.shtml
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
You can adjust thimbles to various inside diameters so that some will fit the tiny pinkie. I have done this by brushing a coat of clear fingernail polish inside the thimble. This not only makes the diameter smaller, but it also, surprizingly, makes the grip a little better. I have only done this with wooden and metal thimbles. It will probably work with plastic, but some plastics may be vulnerable to the solvents in fingernail polish.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Great idea. Thanks for the idea for making the timble to fit the fingers snuggly.

But once the fingers fits to the custom thimble it is no longer to stack together due to the problem that the inner diameter is not longer all the same therefore cannot stack..

What I want here is to find thimbles which is orginal without modifying it and it can stack and fit snuggly on to my fingers...

If you guys post a review of thimbles where the size is larger or the same as automatic thimble by Hottrix it is totally not my type..

I had tried Hottrix thimble and it is far too big for me... From here you are able to imagine how small is my hand.. As I am an asian where have smaller hand. Where most thimble are made especially to western people size..

Thanks again for the helpfulness and all those reviews..

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Symmatrix,

Maybe you should consider something other than thimbles.

How about this? You do a cut and restored rope effect, but accidentally "cut" your finger. You put a band-aid on it, but a child's brightly-colored band-aid. It starts to jump from finger to finger, and then starts multiplying and changing colors.

Instead of thimbles, you will be using TTs (or other digital tips) with the brightly colored band-aids on them (could even be painted on). They will stack to a certain extent, but probably won't nest.

What do you think?

0pus
mafedi
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of mafedi
i think vernet has some teenagers thumb tip,but i am not sure
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Please recommend some quality Thimble !! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL