The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Humor For Newspaper Tear Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Henk Prins
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Henk Prins
I'm looking for some good jokes for doing a Torn and Restored Newspaper (no tear version).

The idea is to tell them that I'm collecting funny newspaper articles/clips; then in the end, I restore the paper into a complete newspaper.

Anybody?
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Tony Eng used a great line in his lecture a few years ago where he reads a bit from each page. One page was, "I see OJ is getting married again, he wants to have another stab at it"

A bit dated but funny to some people
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
check out http://www.theonion.com for inspiration
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
The Onion...it's satirical and obviously topical.

As for lines to use:
Pour a drink into a newspaper, with the given reason as being able to take an illicit drink on an aircraft. Then, tear it up in order to read a newspaper onboard as space is limited in economy.

Which proves the drink has vanished.

After disembarking from the plane, restore newspaper and pour out drink to tumultuous applause.

To my knowledge, Fay Presto does a drink in newspaper, and t&r newspaper also
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
That is very funny!

I hate when magicians just tear up the paper so they can restore. That plot makes sense (kind of) and is very funny!
Jonace
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Jonace
I would use ut as a.. prediction. U say you have a prediction on one of the pieces. Then you take pieces from all over your body. I finally. U say something like wee need magic. And restore it and get a Prediction on the front page Smile
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I'm not exactly sure where the link is, but there was an extensive discussion on this forum a few months ago with some excellent ideas. I think they were comedy headlines that can be read as part of the act, and many were very funny. Do a search for 'headlines' and it will probably turn up.

Here's the link: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=24
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Humor For Newspaper Tear Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL