The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Using Postcards PROPERLY (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Hi there,

I have done a fair share of postcard printing, however, I use them after shows primarily to give out, I feel they are better than business cards and you can autograph them.

As for my marketing, I have not got into using Postcards so much, I use a more direct method (cold calling etc) and would like to learn more. I guess the 3 markets I would like to mail to would be - schools (educational and fundraising shows), Private Parties and Corporate/Company Events...

Now when it comes to labelling these postcards, I am not exactly sure on how or who to direct them to. For Private Parties, its pretty straight forward, but for schools, do I put it to anybody`s attention.....or just to the school itself and hope it makes its way to the right person....same goes for Company Events....these are all issues I would like to hear more from someone with experience in mailing and experience in getting significant results.

Lastly, what exactly are you putting on it....is it double sided.....are you putting a promo picture on one side and a show/general description on the other....any info or even samples would be great, something to build on.

Thanks all!

Michael
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Hi Michael
I put my picture on one side, my bio on the other side, with my name, phone number, email address, and web address on both sides.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
jl1717
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jl1717
On who to mail to for schools:

The BEST thing to do is to call the school and find out who's in charge of booking the !@#emblies and mailign TO THE PERSON!!!!

However, in the real world where I mail to hundreds even thousands of schools in my performing area (about 100 mile radius) I address it like this:

School name
Attn: !@#embly and Program Coordinator
address
address

When the receptionist gets it they walk 10 feet to the box of the !@#embly coordinator. I know this workds because I know a VP at an elementary school and asked her if this way would work and she agreed. I also have done, do it currently and book a lot of school shows from it. Also, it's a nice market because you can create different programs and perform for the same school 3-4-5 times a year!

Build a solid relationship and you'll have that school in your pocket!
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I find most corporate cards, if mailing blind - should be directed to the H.R. Dept. or the Public Relations. I usually mix them up, mailing one month to H.R., the next to P.R. This gives six hits per year with each department.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

jl1717
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jl1717
Tom,

Just out of pure curiosity, how much corporate work do you get from being a ventriloquist?

I saw your site and videos and loved your act! It looks really good!
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
How much? At least my share, a bit more at times.

Corporate looks at me as being a comedian. The fact I customize my material about their people, inside jokes and event/goals is a big selling point. For that market I focus on doing after dinner shows for awards banquets, convention/seminar and holiday events. (Strictly a stage act.) There are less vents than magicians and it is currently "hot" with Jeff Dunham and Terry Fator on TV. As a result, things have grown faster than expected.

BTW - Michael asked what we put on our cards - the last paragraph gives you the fast focus of my message.

Thanks for the kind words about my act. Glad you enjoyed the video.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

jl1717
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jl1717
Thanks Tom!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Using Postcards PROPERLY (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL