The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi Everyone! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Will DThrill
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
69 Posts

Profile of Will DThrill
Hi all. I'm Will and I'm very new to all of this. This Friday I'm actually making my first major purchase (The Quick Start bundle from E) and I'm very excited to start learning. Because I'm getting a bit antsy waiting till Friday I picked up a regular deck of Bicycles today (blue back, they didn't have red at the Walgreens by me)

I've always enjoyed magic and always wanted to learn but never knew where to start. Not to sound naive but I really had no idea how to go about learning what I've seen, I never thought this was readily available on any site for fear of learning a tricks secrets. Now that I've seen what rules are in place I'm ready to jump in. Look forwared to seeing you all around.

By the way, anyone have any tips for me when it comes to handling cards, at least until I get my order...the wait is killing me
This is my sig until I can get photobucket to work right Smile
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hello, I'm Justin Style. Welcome to the Café!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Hi Will:

Practice, practice, practice. I'm not a card guy, but from what I hear on the forum, take the plunge and buy the book "The Royal Road to Card Magic"

Jim
'
chicagoharry
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of chicagoharry
Will welcome you've come to the right place you'll learn a lot here.
housermagic
View Profile
New user
In the mountains
71 Posts

Profile of housermagic
Will, welcome to our Café.

"The Royal Road to Card Magic" is a great place to start your quest. Also, you might look for the Karl Fulves "Self-Working" series (cards, coins etc.)

Learn from books, and the great minds here. Most of all, have lots of fun.

Bill

:bluebikes:
Will DThrill
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
69 Posts

Profile of Will DThrill
Royal Road to Card Magic seems to be the way to go it seems. Unfortunatley the book storre I went to today didn't have it. I wasn't too surprised being that it's a locally owned store. That may be in my next order that I'll be placing in about 2 weeks. I placed my order for the "Quick Start Super Bundle" on Friday so I should get it this week. I have picked up a few basic techniques from various places and have been practicing my handling and the tricks I've learned on my kids. (They're the best audience for me to start with lol).

I also picked up a couple more decks this weekend so I'm ready to get started!

EDIT: I called the Bookstore I was at today and they're ordering it for me! I'll have it by the end of the week. looks like I'll have a lot to do this weekend!
This is my sig until I can get photobucket to work right Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Hi will,

your magic journey is just beginning,enjoy the ride!

Mike
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Will,
Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 36.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi Everyone! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL