The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Sitting or Standing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Played a `Street Theater´ Festival here in Germany this weekend; as invited guests. We were probably the only `buskers´ in the lot. It was super organized, and very well attended. At each pitch, enough seats were provided for about half of the audience. Because we are `buskers´, we were asked to play a couple of pitches that weren´t set up as `mini-theaters´; as well as a few `seated´ spots.
I was really amazed that our show was much hotter where the folks, ALL the folks, HAD TO STAND! Hmmm,.... naturally, we philosophied about it a bit,...but totally understand it do we not!!
....any thoughts?
gallagher
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I would imagine that developing the "mob mentality" would be a LOT more difficult if/when the specs were in their seats.

It probably gives them more of a 'movie theater' mindset rather than a 'watching something on the street' ...like a brawl... mindset.

Perhaps it's within our "fight or flight" nature to have easier access to our more intense emotions while standing. Sitting is a restful/contemplative position.

Well......that's all in my mind at least.

Did anyone raise their hand to talk while you were performing? Smile
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Chad, I think you´re right. Sitting is a passive position. We also had the feeling it was a position of power. There was this feeling, "We´re sitting. The place is ours. Now try to amuse us,.....if you can." Funny how people standing are easier to `move´.
That would be a funny bit; asking them to raise their hands, if they had anything to say! Could be a great running gag.
All the best,.. and some nice weather,
gallagher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Sitting or Standing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL