The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Help re my solid cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
My fellow Cuppers,

I recently acquired a solid copper cup which was beautiful. Well....everything was perfect except for the bottom. The bottom was rough, unneven and it even has a nick. After close inspection....I was quite shocked to see white. Yes white. The solid cup was not as solid as I thought it would be. The copper chipped off. I can't tell who made the cup but I must say it is a beauty. Can anyone help me fix this problem? I would not dare use even the best looking copper paint on this beauty. Should I settle with a copper leaf? Or is it safe for me to take it to any metal shop and have them do it for me? I would not want to ruin the cup. I am very particular about details and even a minor flaw bothers me especially if it involves my climax ending where I normally have my audience have a closer look.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
First I would ask the maker if he can fix it or replace it.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Have you talked to Jake? If anyone can fix it Jake can or atleast point you in the right direction.

Tony
...the magic that creates Memories!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
It sounds like it's not solid copper, nor would I expect it to be. It would simply weigh too much. Since it's white underneath do you suppose it's filled with plaster of paris? It might be that your only choice is to paint it. I don't think the audience would care one way or another as long as you can show that it's plugged.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
If it is plaster underneath a ceramic shop may have some copper plating to use on it. I know they do gold and silver but not sure about copper. Worth a look see.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The best thing is to contact the manufacturer.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1301 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
As it arrived in that condition, you should get a replacement. Ask them to inspect it before sending it to you.
Mobius
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2134 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Rannie,
we discussed this and I offered to replace the cup, but you refused to send it back. There was a metal bottom in place on this cup when it was shipped. If the insert was removed kindly ask customs for it back. The only thing I can do is braze a new plate in place. We had copper plated the bottom but was not pleased so we made an insert. I can turn this around immediately for you.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Help re my solid cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL