The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Post your stories as they happen, here !! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
crisgal
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of crisgal
Hey Gwyd,
I met you at the SSG, maybe you remember - the Brasssilian? I lurk here while I struggle with the simplest magic tricks you can imagine - not where my talents lay, to say the least Smile
I'm in Milwaukee, I never thought I'd hide from a tornado in the city. Again let me know if you need anything, mi casa é su casa! I will definitely drive to see you and Sylver - do keep me posted.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
That Cris?
Oh my gosh!! Of course I remember you!
Hi!!
You should put up an avitar! I would have spotted you right away.
We'd love to have you come see a show!
I'll PM you in a sec!
Gwyd
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
So is that kind of thing covered by your insurance, or is it an "act of God?"

And if so, what did Sylver do to **** off God so much?
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
Hey! Just because I dance like the devil and do other things as such, does not mean he's go it out for me. My insurance company is saying it's covered under my comprehensive... I haven't asked them if they will send the bill for my deductable to God, since it was his act. =)
I just think my car is cursed from the previous owner (I have owned this car for about 7 months and this is my second insurance claim, the first being an accident that was found the other drivers fault). Bad mojo. Nothing a few witch doctors can't fix (if it isn't totaled) Hmmm... maybe I can get a few bizarists to cleanse my car. . .
So my claim adjuster is not being helpful and currently the preliminary estimate is in the $5000 range, that's just to get a lot of the modules fixed (For you car geeks: Engine control mod, 4 wheel drive mod, idle air control mod, altnator is burned up, ABS mod, and trans mod) Then we will see what else needs replacing... They may end up totaling it out if it gets too high so I'm starting to panic on getting our show stuff back in time for next weekend. I got a rental I was going to return to WI thinking that my car would be ready no longer then two weeks. Maybe someone in Milwaukee with a hitch is up for a road trip to MI? I'll meet you in Milwaukee =)

Sylver Fyre, the girl who attracts lightning
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
crisgal
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of crisgal
Hey Sylver, I'm in Milwaukee and will start asking around about a hitch. If I can get the car/truck I'll definitely do the driving, it would be the perfect excuse to see you Smile
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
Awww thank you Cris, you are so sweet but I have found a solution. My father (who lives in the Detroit area) wants to play hero so he is driving out there to pick up my trailer, after all I am his youngest and only daughter. So Gwyd and I are going to meet him in Milwaukee and drop off the rental and we will all drive back singing show tunes along the way... Okay maybe no show tunes but I am excited about being able to stop at the Mars Cheese Castle again! They have some yummy cheese!!

Cris, Gwyd and I would both love see you again. We will have to meet up when I go back to pick up my car when it's fixed. I will keep you posted on when that will be!

The Cheesy, The Electric,

Sylver Fyre
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
crisgal
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of crisgal
Sylver your dad is awesome Smile Check your PMs, let's meet!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
I guess the stories here are supposed to be about hardship, but Bohemian Cirko in St. Paul was just plain fun. I roomed with Harley at the Embassy Suites, kind of a stretch from sleeping in a possum belly. Harley and I had a time to catch up and kick around ideas. We had fun watching each other perform. The show was easy! We were inside at high ticket prices, and everybody was happy. We raised a lot of money for a good cause, and got to meet some great people.

Check out our new friends Mango and Dango:

http://mangoanddango.com/demo.html

Crisgal made a long trip to catch the show, now that is what you call a fan of the art!

OK, so here is a story, not really a hardship story. I had some very unusual baggage on the flight out, and let the TSA folks know that the checked bags would look funny on the screener. I offered to show them a contract and all that, but they just waved me on. I had to wear my top hat because it is too big to pack. I also told them that one of the TSA staff at the airport, who everyone knows is a magician, knows me. In fact, he is the current President of our I.B.M. Ring.

So, if a guy wearing a top hat says that he is on his way to a show, has odd baggage, is wearing a top hat, and drops the name of one of the TSA staff, common sense would say that by calling attention to himself, it is unlikely that his motives are nefarious. However, the TSA has its own way of looking at things, and I was selected for the high-level search.

So, I assume the position and get the full search. The handheld metal detector is very touchy and even goes off for the little rivets on my jeans. When we are all finished, I let the guy know that my friend in the TSA once did the full metal detector search on me before I did the Chrysalis escape. The screener had heard the story, and in the telling it has become quite a bit better. He and the other screeners had a nervous laugh, convinced that I could still walk through walls after their top-level search. But really, I just wanted to get to Minnesota!

Yours,

Paul
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I can testify that Paul has no clue of the dangers of a possum belly. I'd rather visit with the former than the latter.

Perhaps the least that can be said of possum bellies, is that they can keep off the rain. One time, I was taking some signs from one, and scraped my knuckle. The area was often damp, as urine leaked down, from the gorilla who inhabited the trailer. I got blood poisoning. It was scary. The red streaks climbed my arm as I watched. Fortunately, I was able to get to a doctor in plenty of time, and some massive antibiotics brought it under control.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Had the same experience from scraping my foot in a summer camp pool were I was a lifeguard. Gorilla pee, child pee, 99% genetically identical.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
OK so from the posts so far it`s all doom and gloom,,,, two weeks down the line >> Cambridge the home of learning,,,,plus home to junkies, dossers and drunks. Its 4;30 am,,,me fast asleep,,,the van starts to move and shake!!! Out I shoot to find a young "Lady" !!! Naked from waist to ankle,,,,out of her cobbs on drugs haveing a pee against the side of my home!!!! Wrong sex to clout,,,so verbals followed (There were sentry toilets not 20 feet away),,,she obliviouse to my rants,,along comes the boyfriend also stoned with mouth a slurr and fists going like a windmill. Security beat me to him,,,end of a good nights kipp.

Now to Berkley Castle Estate,,,a week has passed,,,damn me if 4;30 am comes around again >>>> Bang at the back of the van >>>> Two drunk Traction Engine drivers had nicked a sweet trailer and hitched it onto my vehical for a laugh >>> Ha ***** ha,,,, 4;30 am ,,, got my own back the next day, a box of 50 smoke bombs found their way into their engine boiler vat,,,,haha Showbiz !!!

Roll on 4;30 am next Saturday at Alfreton Notts show,,,,Im staying awake all B***dy night !!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
To mention >>> Glad I cleaned up over here with the Zibbs when I did,,,,this next weekend will see 3 of Dougs babies within 100 miles of each other and the UK is only a little Island.

What next Polish or Zibb take over !!! Immigration complaints on there way.

Ken
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4463 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ken that is SO OBVIOUS everyone in the USA knows that the UK is so smll you can walk up and down it in an afternoon - its only 30 miles across - its tiny (sorry quaint!). Also we know eveyong in london - its like "oh your from England - so you know john in London" .... of course it don't help that the likes of me reply "yes John hes a great laugh - eveyone knowns John!) Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4463 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
PS wish you had got a video of the smokle bombs in teh traction engine - I would love to have seen their faces! Smile
ReggieB
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
Quote:
On 2008-06-25 13:33, dave_matkin wrote:
Ken that is SO OBVIOUS everyone in the USA knows that the UK is so smll you can walk up and down it in an afternoon - its only 30 miles across - its tiny (sorry quaint!). Also we know eveyong in london - its like "oh your from England - so you know john in London" .... of course it don't help that the likes of me reply "yes John hes a great laugh - eveyone knowns John!) Smile

do you know rene? dark hair, big smile?

:)
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4463 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Big jugs as well?

If yes - I think she works in the pub down the road - they are always serving 4 pint jugs there.

Sorry I am being very crude tonight! I would give myself a slap on the wrist but it may excite me too much.......

I'm off to take a cold shower
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yeh I know Rene,,,,,wears mini skirts and boob tops,,,,,nice bloke,,,shame about his ginger beard though !!!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4463 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
OH that rene - I thought you meant the othe one (damn I wish tehse americans would get with it - there are more the two renes over here! - same with John there is a second and a third one up un manchester as well!). Luckily we don't have too many names duplicated (we can make up our selves not nick em like the yanks).
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Another weeks shows done and dusted,,,with the Bouncer being to the fore!!

Ok the bouncer is a guy who has a very small (6`x4`) Sweet trailer,,,known for bouncing into and out of shows getting trade rental free.

So bouncer fails to book in advance at the Swadlincote Festival of Leisure,, just turns up very early in the morning and gets a pitch,,,,right in dead mans corner. Kicks up a fuss so bounces out of there and travels 60 miles north to our show in Nottinghamshire. Bounces in as a late cummer,,,trades for the day and promises to pay his rent at the end of the weekend.

Next morning after only one days tradeing,,,we arise at 9am,,,bouncer has vanished,,,again and has bounced himself into the Pickering show 30 miles on from us,,,trades for the day,,,then ,,,guess what !!! that's the bouncer,,,as yet no one knows his real name or where he comes from.

They seek him here, they seek him there,,,they seek the bouncer everywhere.

On a more miserable note,,, the Notts Fest of Steam held at Alperton was a complete waste of time,,, loads of attractions,,,vast press but no punters through the gate,,,,followed by torrential rain at 2.30pm on the Sunday this killed it completely.

Out of twelve performances booked and paid for we only did two. The Zibb took £30 on the Saturday so we struck it in the evening and the swag stall only cleared £200,,,what with our costs at £120 we made a living as fee only at this event. Roll on Thursday to Bromyard Gala (16th year) Better weather please and thousands of punters.

Found out Cadell has bought the rights to Sooty !!! £500,000 Where do these Showmen find that sort of money!!! Maybe the HSBC or Halifax !! His number 2 unit of Zibb display (German make and the finest multi unit I have ever seen) Is to be on the market but I am sure he would have sold it private within a week. This unit is the bees knees and Mother of all show units 14`x10` and goes down to 4`x3` in seconds,,,Lambert of Germany make,,,yes expensive but last a lifetime and multi function. Only one I have seen here in the UK.

Showbiz !
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
OK another week under the belt,not a lot to report on Bromyard Gala other than weather was real bad and the Donkey Derby was poor in attendance.

Highlight of the weekend being,,,,, Teenager beat the crap out of his Donkey,,,Donkey bit him on the ass,,,teenager ended up in A & E,,,Justice!

Off we go again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Post your stories as they happen, here !! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL