The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Post your stories as they happen, here !! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Still inside work and no real hardships here. We marched in the Independence Day parade in Bar Harbor. Professor Miller and I worked the sides of the crowd, and handed out 1500 pitch cards with our show schedule. To create interest we had a shimmy of bellydancers march with us (I think "shimmy" is the right collective noun for bellydancers; maybe you are thinking "giggle," but you'd be way wrong, "smolder" would be a better word along those lines).

So I get to talk to the crowd while handing out the cards. They are all looking over my shoulder at the bellydancers, so I say, "They swing and they sway. They shimmy and they shake. They jingle and they jangle, and everything moves this way and that way. It's a show that you'd enjoy very much, sir."

For the last bit I always make eye contact with a gentleman. They get a poke in the ribs or a laugh from the wife, and sometimes a friend says, "Well, he's got you figured out."

You know, it's not exactly mentalism in this instance.

So now the various bellydancers are fighting about who gets to be in the show and on what dates. The pay is really lousy, but they want to shake it in front of regular people instead of just each other.

Saturday, July 5, we had people show up at our performance holding their pitch cards and asking for more for their friends. We are collecting video testimonials after the show for a promo reel.

Yours,

Paul
ReggieB
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
Quote:
On 2008-07-07 04:04, Kondini wrote:
Highlight of the weekend being,,,,, Teenager beat the crap out of his Donkey,,,Donkey bit him on the ass,,,teenager ended up in A & E,,,Justice!

Off we go again.

I wonder how one feels after beating up a donkey...
did people break it up? its a shame donkeys don't have sharper teeth Smile
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Back from 3 days at Rempstone Rally on the A6006 (This is where 6 kids got killed in a head on smash with a lorry) So the turn out of sick people wishing to view the remains of a death smash,,,,,brought the punters into our show!!!

Day 1,,heavy rain but punters came just the same.

Day 2 lovely jubbly weather with record crowds and speckies a hundred deep at the shows,,,,,talking with NTEC members it seems that live entertainers for showgrounds are in short supply,,,nope they cant get self contained acts willing to travel for love nor money,,,,so when I hear magicians winging about low fees and no interest, then I scratch me bum in wonder!
Truth is, they don`t want to work for their cash.

They wanna stay clean ! Sleep in their own beds ! Not use sweat ! Not travel more than a couple of miles ! So the UK is right now,,,,up for grabs show wise,,,wish I could split meself into 4 and do 4 gigs a week at the same time,,,= 4 wages=Eldorado!

Strange Thing grossed 2000 plus in three days (Now aint that strange!!).

Down the road.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
And remember kids, 2,000 gross for Ken means about $3,750 for us the the US
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Whoa, whoa, whoa--you mean every time Ken makes 2000 quid, we each get $3750?

Well, what are you waitin' for K-man? Get your ahrse out there and earn me some money!
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
ReggieB
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
Quote:
On 2008-07-13 22:49, Stephon wrote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa--you mean every time Ken makes 2000 quid, we each get $3750?

Well, what are you waitin' for K-man? Get your ahrse out there and earn me some money!

seriously, I'm hoping to retire soon!
:)
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I retired last year but still have to work!!!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
We had a crummy turnout on July 12, so it was time to get cranking. Our bellydancer posed for photos in full costume with a million-dollar smile. On Monday, I sent off the photo with a story.

Wednesday night, the weekly papers came out. One of the papers knocked out the background and ran the photo in full color on the front page of the arts section, above the fold, half a page in size. On page two there was a little article about a production of Carmen at the big theater in town, with a head shot of the director. There is huge money behind this thing, but we kicked them back to page two with our dancer!

So last night, we had a great crowd on a hot and humid day. There was a weekend gathering of a gay and lesbian group that knows each other mostly through a group email list, and a lot of them showed up, besides the locals, including a couple of kids from the local magic class. I have built a display for all the gear. It hangs there on a pegboard painted brothel red with flat black trim. During the rest of the show, we keep it covered with a red velvet drape. I introduce the escape, then whip away the drape. Well, you could hear the crowd swoon. Most of them do so out of fear, but in this bunch, for some of them it was love at first sight. When it is time to apply the restraints, I always pick the biggest guy in the room. Turns out he was one of the gay guys heavily into bondage. He was really into it, and unfortunately knew exactly what he was doing!

Getting out was a real *****, and when it was over I felt like I'd just been in a car accident. The crowd went wild, of course, and my wife just about fainted. I knew that there would be bruises, and this morning, one of my shoulders has a developing bruise the exact shape of the iron slave collar. You could just lay it in place for a perfect match.

The people love it, why deny them? It isn't just the money...OK, the money is a fairly important part of it now that I think about it...

Yours,

Paul
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
What a bunch of gullywumpers...you guys got nuttin on me, wait till you hear this harrowing tale!

I got a new EZ-up to get out there and do some shows with a new Zibit idea of mine...and because the Wife wanted to get out and make some dough...so we get the NEW ez-up and drag it out to the parking lot in front of the apartment. Must be about 50 whole feet!!!

Initially set it up...struggle with the side walls...attach the banners...and by now it must have been all of 75 degrees (f) so I set up a chair and had a cola...then we took down the ez-up and dragged it back to the apartment...and collapsed in front of the TV.

And the Wife says..."There's no way we are going to do THIS every weekend!"

hahaha.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Doug:
hahahaha Great story!
And the set up gets harder as it gets hotter..BEEN THERE..... DONE THAT HAHAHA
ROD
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Now look at that Higley, that's the way you do it
You put out the chair and the E-Z Up
That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your gaffs for free
Now that ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya that guy ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

Yours,

Paul
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Dire Straits' lawyer will be contacting you.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Looking at all the stories here, it appears that I am making more money with my Zibit than anybody else in the whole world.
And I think I know why.
Take a look at my avatar(left.) I am by far. the best looking zibiter in the lot. (crisgal is the exception. Her picture with her baby is wonderful)
I would like to make a suggestion to the rest of you... PLASTIC SURGERY.
Look like me and make a mint.
Good luck to all and good zibiting.

Parson
BTW, I never have bad days. Even when I don't make as much money, I am often complemented on the way I look.
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Nice to hear you are getting plenty of work, at the Blind Association!!!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Are you discussing your zibit, or your hat?

Never heard of plastic surgery on a hat, before. I'd love to pitch THAT!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
crisgal
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of crisgal
Quote:
On 2008-07-21 14:40, Parson Smith wrote:
crisgal is the exception. Her picture with her baby is wonderful.

aww thanks Smile but never trust internet pictures, especially not the ones taken from above. The babies are considerably chubbier in real life.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4463 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Well DANG if they are cuter in real life then you must be too!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Parson..glad your out there and doing the deed and doing it well...but no one will ever beat Ken (Kondini) for the record 4/06-12/06...never ever...can't happen...unless somebody comes along with the stones to charge $200 (93 pounds) a head to see the Thing. Ken is the all time for all time champeen Zibiteer of da woild!
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Doug,
I have never charged more than a dollar. But I know, without a doubt, that as long as I have a Zibit, I will never go broke.
I really can't think of a more fun way to make money.
My wife and I do it together and it is the most fun we have out of bed.
I am sure that Ken charged more and made more, but he does not count.
He is an ENGLISHER. We kicked their butts in the Revolutionary War and I could kick his butt with one hand tied behind me (if I had two hands.)
Not to say that he is not cute...
For the rest of you who would like to look as good as Ken and I, I suggested PLASTIC SURGERY. I am sure that Doug would cut you a good deal.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yeah...Ken is cute ain't he...kinda 'impy'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Post your stories as they happen, here !! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL