The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Difference in venues.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Even though I have been sharing my programs for many years I find I still am quite nervous prior to going on stage. This is evidenced by cold hands and other body cues.

Since joining our praise and worship team, I have noticed that my hands are warm prior to, during and after, my nearly normal harmonica playing.

Anyone else notice a difference in their mind, body and spirit compared to sharing at other venues?

Peace be with you.

Shalom...

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Even though I enjoy performing for secular and church audiences, I feel much more at home performing in churches. Part of that could be, for secular shows, I tend to customize the program for each performance, so you rarely see me do the same show twice. But I think when you're doing what you're called to do in the ministry, you have an anointing on you that isn't present while doing secular shows.

And of Course, my calling is to minister so I feel more comfortable operating in my calling even though I've been performing longer than I've been doing gospel magic.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I am always nervous before and for about the first 5 minutes, every time. But is there a difference based on the type of show? I never thought about it but no, I don't think there is a difference regarding the nervous factor for me. The difference that does exist is in wanting the message to be clear and heard by all when doing any type of gospel oriented show as opposed to the entertainment value alone.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2225 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Johnny Carson said once that he used to get nervous before every monolog. I've always believed that it is a sign that you desire to do your best. I seem to get more nervous when there are people I know in the audience.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Difference in venues.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL