We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Heiny 500 vs. Hundy 500 vs. Extreme Burn vs. Slo Burn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Chris Cain
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Chris Cain
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 17:50, Dougini wrote:

Hi Chris! May I say, welcome to the Magic Café! To answer your question, With Heiny/Hundy 500, no, I'm afraid not. Extreme Burn 2.0, is examinable.

Doug

Hi Dougini! Thank you for the warm welcome and the answer. Might just have to get my hands on Extreme Burn 2.0 then.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I never get any request from someone to hold my money. I think you will be taking a chance by passing it out with Extreme Burn 2.0. Someone might challenge you by saying, "It is mine now", "Make it come out my pocket", etc.

Dynamike
Detroit Magician
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
I'm interested in Extreme Burn 2.0 and Heiny 500, but I'm still on the fence about both.

Does Extreme Burn let you switch back to $1?

And does Heiny 500 allow for other changes than the slow bill fold in the demo videos?
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
751 Posts

Profile of dduane
I have both, and I think Extreme Burn is better. The speed at which the bills change floors laymen. (GET IT!!!) And you can (and will want to) change them back to 1's -- the same way. The change back is what adds the extra punch. The spectator is so stunned that they don't think to ask to hold them. I have some fun patter that I use. Let me know if you want me to share it. I may revive Slow Burn - haven't used it since getting EB.. It's easier and seems a little cleaner looking - not quite as big a reaction, but almost...

D
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1589 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Extreme Burn is awesome.
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
373 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
I used the Hundy 500 for quite awhile, but recently bought the Extreme burn 2.0 and would agree it is the bomb. I still like the basic $100 bill switch though. It looks like "real" magic instead of trickery.
Magic is where you find it.....
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
751 Posts

Profile of dduane
Dale, have you tried the Juan Hundred switch? It's my favorite, but it took a long time to get it down so that it is fast and smooth. I have been trying it with a borrowed bill and no TT. That opens all kinds of possibilities, like BTIL, predicting the serial number or true/false serial number, etc. The JH switch is almost a utility that can be combined with other effects. I have some routine ideas. Anyone interested can PM me.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1589 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
It is extreme burn all the way for me.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2820 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I will have to find another way to carry extreme burn in my wallet. After about 2 weeks, I could clearly see a square in the bill, if you know what I mean. I'm not sure on how to prevent this from happening again if I make up another one. So in the mean time, I made up a Hundy Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I have carried Extreme Burn in my wallet for years. Even with the old gimmick. I have only noticed the square in extremely lit conditions when practicing, and don't think the specs would notice during performance. I normally perform in standard lighting conditions. I have done this routine many hundreds of times, and have never had anyone mention the gaff.

I carry my set in a jardonnet fire wallet (my every day wallet). I used to do the Heiny routine, but find Extreme Burn easier. I haven't worked with Hundy 500.

Cheers,
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
I agree with Sammy and keep Extreme Burn in a wallet that can be used for multiple other effects. The use of the wallet for a card to wallet before Extreme Burn is done, where the audience had already seen the money sitting in the wallet, makes the money clean before you start. I never have been asked to hand over the money.
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
Where is the Pat Page version published? I know Kaps published his version in a set of lecture notes.

Where is Page's?

J
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
One place you can find Patrick Page's version is on Michael Ammar's "Easy to Master Money Mirales".
Sammy J. Teague
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
I just sold my Extreme Burn in the Magic Café's LMAD forum along with the gimmick that I constructed for it. I m sticking with the Heiny 500. I have developed a patter story for it that might also be used for EB. FWIW Here it is:

“The other day I found that I was down to my last $5. Now that’s not a good place to be. I had heard somewhere about "Pyramid Power," so I concentrated hard on the pyramid on this one. Lo and behold I found that I now had $100. (I obviously am working with 20’s). Here check this twenty out and make sure that it’s real. Note that that these are 20’s on their fronts and their backs.

But this was only a fantasy and fantasies don’t last long, so suddenly I found that I only had five dollars again. I took a final check and, as you can see, these are indeed just ones.”

Now if a spectator asks if you can do this with his or her ones, you reply that that would be useless as the transformation only lasts for a few seconds.

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 12:08pm
I have made up several gimmicks for both the Heiny 500 and Extreme Burn. IMO I have developed a more efficient method than Sanders' for constructing the EB gimmick. I use a similar method with the Heiny 500. I first join the smaller bills and then the larger ones. Finally, I consolidate the two units. I *always* use a 3M Restickable Glue Stick. These can be obtained in various sizes for reasonable amounts on Ebay. They are far more efficient and much less messy than rubber cement.

For any kind of gaffed bill, apply the stick thoroughly to both surfaces that are to be joined. Wait about a minute and then carefully press the two surfaces together, hard. Place the gaff under several books for at least twelve hours to be safe. This will give you a tight join for as long as you want it. IF you accidentally missed a corner, just touch it up and replace the gaff under the books for another twelve hours. This waiting time is more than justified by the dependability of the finished gaff.

When the time comes, you can separate the joined sections with relative ease. The residue can be cleaned off the bills with detergent and water. This process is somewhat harder than it would be with rubber cement. Of course if you have a lot of chutzpah, you can turn the bill in to a bank without cleaning it up. However, the teller who waits on you will not be overjoyed to help you with this transaction.
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
I watched the Extreme burn Video one last time before I sold it. A couple of the slow changes look good, but the fast changes that require a a sudden move of the hand and make a smacking look very gimmicky to me.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I've had nothing but wonderful reactions to EB 2.0...i
Have Hundy 500 and was not crazy about it...that flip over seemed gimmicky...showing all the bills in EB is very clean and friendly...pass them
Out if you want!
mkarav
View Profile
Regular user
Westwood, NJ
103 Posts

Profile of mkarav
I have EB 2.0 and have had stunning responses. The change is very visual and the denominatioms flip back and forth as you wish. The ditching is natural especially with my Monkey Wallet that has a magnetic clip. Overall EB 2.0 DVD is very well done. I carry it around all the time and can present it impromptu and it reall blows away the unsuspecting victim.
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
I use EB 2.0 and recommend it highly. It generates incredible reactions, and the speed and sound of the change (imo) is part of what makes this seem like real magic to the spectator.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I also use EB 2.0 and have in my collection Hundy 500...I prefer EB2.0. The handling is excellent and people never see the gimmick "square" from being in the wallet after a while...
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
I should be most grateful if anyone in this forum can help me with this question: what is the best method for the euro bills: Heiney 500, Extreme Burn, Hundy 500, Slow Burn or Patrick Page's since the euro banknotes are all in different sizes?

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Heiny 500 vs. Hundy 500 vs. Extreme Burn vs. Slo Burn (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL