The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » White Star by Jim Critchlow (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8996 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 11:22, captainsmiffy wrote:
Pegasus, are you, perchance, a fellow aviator?! Yes, these 380 ultra long-haul sectors do give you the time to think....

Hope that you like it in practice, do please let me know what you think. Have just trialled it to my daughter and her friend. Very pleased with the results thus far. A nice spooky atmosphere and no hint that they even thought about how it was that I achieved the goal.

Happy new year to you all,

Best

Martyn

Unfortunately not Martyn. Microsoft flight sim (FSX) is as close as I have got to flying. Lol.
dd123
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dd123
Hi all. Apologies if this has already been covered, but has anyone tried ma*/ing the photo's in any way in order to take the Revisited method to a further level by not having to p**k at the backs? I think that this could make the effect virtually foolproof, but I don't want to ruin the photo's unnecessarily.

Thanks! Duncan.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Yes, I have and it really enhances the experience IMHO. Had a discussion with the Ben at the Merchant of Magic, who own the rights to this....he was a little sceptical so I went ahead and sorted my own photo set and no peaks are needed now. Indeed, if you read my earlier post then the photos can be shuffled as well as no peek being required....
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
dd123
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dd123
Thanks Smiffy. I would be interested to hear how you m***ed the cards, as I have yet to give this much thought, but I think that this would be a real worker. I would be really greatful if you could PM me your method if that's not too cheeky?

Cheers, Duncan.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Will do so, sir.....however, am away flying but will be back at base tomorrow and will furnish you with the details then.....
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
dd123
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dd123
Thanks for that. I look forward to it. Safe flight!
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Dd123, fliht conducted safely....500 plus passengers safely delivered....unlike your pm!! You don't appear to have a 'pm' link attached.....!
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
211 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
How does this compare to Hampton Falls by Tony Chris?
dd123
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dd123
Smiffy, I have PM'ed you. Hopefully you will get it and be able to reply?

Cheers, Duncan.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Hi Duncan,

Have replied to your PM - hope that you like the idea. It works very well for me!

Best,

Martyn
JimCritchlow
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of JimCritchlow
Two years in the making and now here mine and Tony's TITANIC available from most UK dealers from 11 April just ask. http://youtu.be/djWLiHhDFNw
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1155 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Sounds good. Is this the same as White Star but updated to include more props?

Trailer doesn't tell or show much at all.

where will this be available so we can see a better description of what it really is?

Thanks
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
1155 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Forgot to mention....

If this is indeed new or even improved.
You should start a new thread here since it's different.
Just a suggestion.

Mike
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8996 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Congratulations Jim, sounds great but could do with more info. Another pointless trailer IMO.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4339 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Is this a new version then? no info on how much it cost? where to obtain it? as stated clueless trailer.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Does this have the same issues as the original i.e. that the images are badly stretched and look like a computer novice put the thing together?
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
JimCritchlow
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of JimCritchlow
It's basically the Fallen and unlike whitestar Tony and I have had full control of the artwork the cards are replica cart de visite photos of the period. We have put some secret indicators on each to allow you to do a predicted photo to wallet. Also you can determine the fate of the passenger by the photo on the front as well as the info on the back. Sorry about the vague trailer but aside from the mechanics of the (trick) it's all about the story. The way I perform it won't be the way others do and to be honest everyone I have ever seen do any of my effects seem to do them better than me, probably my insecurity. So in brief it's the Fallen on a Titanic theme, 50 good quality photo cards, the items you get are specially made brass key fob, a real old period penny, replica post card, playing card and a Whitestar pencil. Hope this has been some help
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi folks

White star is in the process of being revamped and the new version adds a whole range of new features, images, and improved handling.

The new version also allows you to present the effect in different 'mood styles' depending on your audience, as well as additional images to present the routine outside of the Titanic theme.

Over the last few years we have been collecting presentation ideas, expansion techniques, and handlings, which I think will be very exciting both for users of the original white star and those that go for the new version.

I'll post more info ASAP as we get ready for release.

I'm really excited about how this effect is about to be expanded. I think you will love it.

We will keep the same name : White Star and it will replace the original version

More news about it will go up over the next couple of weeks on the Merchant of Magic blog

Best wishes

Dominic
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
1155 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Ughhhhh.
More vague info.
But at least we know the name....
You guys are killing us.
JimCritchlow
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of JimCritchlow
Just to set things straight Jim Critchlow's TITANIC is not Whitestar. Tony and myself wanted to amalgamate and improve the two effects "Whitestar" and "The Fallen" however the rights to Whitestar are owned by Dominic Reyes, and Peter Nardi owns The Fallen. Peter was happy to go forward with the project but Dominic felt the two should be kept separate. This is understandable and Tony and I fully respect this and have taken it on board. So TITANIC is The Fallen in another guise. It doesn't use any of the same images as Whitestar, it doesn't openly display Died or Survived and nowhere in the instructions is the plot or method to Whitestar talked about. Both Tony and I look forward to see the improvements Dominic has planned for the effect and wish him great success with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » White Star by Jim Critchlow (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL