The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » The Amazing Criswell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's fairly well explained in the Wikipedia article about him and on his web site; however, some of the implications of the name, itself aren't given. For example, Korla is actually a Mongol or Chinese word. It refers to a town in the prefecture of Mongolia.

Pandit generally refers to a Brahmin, which is the top rung of the old Indian caste system. However, since his legend stated that he was the offspring of an Indian semi noble and a French opera singer, he would be half-caste, which was not a good position to be in for an Indian. But none of this mattered, because it was a really clever fabrication. It was his back story. And just like Kenton Knepper or Jeff McBride, he lived it with conviction.

I don't think any of his many fans, among them me, would have cared if he had simply confessed one day that he had at one time performed as Juan Rolando. The character of Korla Pandit was perfect for him.

And so, a myth was born.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Thanks, Bill. You are truly a font of esoteric information.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks. Some of my friends have told me: "Bill, when it comes to exotic information, you are full of it."
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » The Amazing Criswell (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL