The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Incredible Get Together in San Francisco (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Who:
Ron Bauer
Allen Okawa
Paul Cummins
Steve Youell
Steve Dobson
Kainoa Harbottle

What:
The Golden Gate Gathering

When:
June 12-14, 2008

Where:
Foster City, just south of San Francisco

Why:
Because we're sick and tired of conventions with the same lineup that you can find anywhere, anytime.

Check out http://www.bamagic.com for more details.

Space is limited.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Hmmm ... This isn't a impossible line up but a good one to say the least.

SEE YA
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
No, it's not an impossible line up but it's exactly what we wanted, an opportunity to session with these specific guys.

Since several of the lecturers simply don't do conventions and they all fit the term "underground legend" I'd say it's a pretty solid line up for the close up enthusiast.

I'm often tempted to point out my reasons for choosing each of these guys as lecturers but suffice to say, we've got some guys that have been at the heart of magic longer than most of us have been alive and some guys that are at the cutting edge of magic and every one of them has a lot to share that hasn't been overexposed.

For a true student of magic, this is gonna be one of the best conventions ever because we set it up with that person, a person like us, in mind.

Dave
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Anyone that has fooled Charlie Miller with a DL is someone that every close-up practitioner should have a chance to meet.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Anyone who passes up a chance to see and interact with Ron Bauer doesn't have a clue as to what magic is all about.

If for some reason you're not hip as to how important Bauer is, take a look at the picture in the 216 in the second volume of The Vernon Chronicles. Yep-- Vernon, Marlo, Charlie Miller & Ron Bauer. Ron was instrumental in getting Vernon and Marlo to meet.

Steven Youell
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2008-05-30 13:11, David Nelson wrote:

Since several of the lecturers simply don't do conventions and they all fit the term "underground legend" I'd say it's a pretty solid line up for the close up enthusiast.

No wonder I haven't been getting my mail...

But you're right. This is the only convention I've done in the last 10 years.

SEY

Disclaimer: There was a period of time I simply cannot account for in the early 1990's...
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Quote:
Ron was instrumental in getting Vernon and Marlo to meet.

Steven Youell

I don't know how instrumental he was in getting them to meet, I know he was instrumental in gettng Marlo out to the convention in 1985 and the Castle.

I wish I could make it out there. It sounds like a great line-up and great fun.
I've never had the chance to meet Ron but of course have heard about him throughout the years. It would also be great to meet Steven, I think our paths have not crossed yet also.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2008-05-30 22:13, jcards01 wrote:
I don't know how instrumental he was in getting them to meet, I know he was instrumental in gettng Marlo out to the convention in 1985 and the Castle.

Well if you came to GGG, you could ask him!

SEY
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
My entire lecture will consist of variations on the material of Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari. I find it much easier to come up with lecture material this way...

SEY
diagonalpalmshift
View Profile
New user
New York, NY USA
73 Posts

Profile of diagonalpalmshift
I am going to the LVMI the weekend (kind of) before this convention, but the GGG is the one that I am most excited about. Many of the performers are people that I have only heard stories about and generally the stories sound too good to be true. My excitement, however, is fueled by the fact that these people probably are as good or better than I have heard. Of the people I have seen, I know that they are the real deal and awesome.

Just the lineup sounds like a real treat, and I shudder when I think about the talent coming to the convention just as attendees. The convention is sure to be a blast and the shenanigans that ensue will probably be fodder for many stories.

I will be heading up there with the Twins, I believe, on Wednesday or Thursday so be ready for awesome times.

Way to go GGG organizers!

Cheers,

Ricky Smith
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Quote:
On 2008-05-30 22:19, Steven Youell wrote:
My entire lecture will consist of variations on the material of Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari. I find it much easier to come up with lecture material this way...

SEY

Well, your lecture won't be that long then.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Quote:
On 2008-05-30 01:36, Dorian Rhodell wrote:
Who:
Ron Bauer
Allen Okawa
Paul Cummins
Steve Youell
Steve Dobson
Kainoa Harbottle

What:
The Golden Gate Gathering

When:
June 12-14, 2008

Where:
Foster City, just south of San Francisco

Why:
Because we're sick and tired of conventions with the same lineup that you can find anywhere, anytime.

Check out http://www.bamagic.com for more details.

Space is limited.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell

Dorian, I think we talked last year around this time when you had the 1st GGG. I wish I could be there, that's quite a line-up.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Ricky,

Missed you this year at 4F. How are things going for you?
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
For those who have not seen Steve Dobson, he is incredible. I'd go just to see him again if I were closer.

Kex
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2008-05-30 22:31, diagonalpalmshift wrote:
Many of the performers are people that I have only heard stories about and generally the stories sound too good to be true. My excitement, however, is fueled by the fact that these people probably are as good or better than I have heard. Of the people I have seen, I know that they are the real deal and awesome.

Ricky-- you didn't see my lecture last year at GGG, did you?

SEY
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Is that the one where you did the Sponge Balls and Hippity Hop Rabbits? Or was it the one where you released the DVD, "Hacking the Parasol"?
diagonalpalmshift
View Profile
New user
New York, NY USA
73 Posts

Profile of diagonalpalmshift
To Jimmy,

Yeah, I had to skip FFFF this year because of bad timing. However, I expect I will be there next year if they will have me back. Everything is going pretty well except that I am on the mend having broken a leg. However, I will be hobbling around a couple of conventions next week, so I am very excited. Hopefully you are doing well and our paths will cross soon.

To Steve,

I did see your lecture last year and was highly entertained. I'm sure this year's will be just as entertaining and informative. Perhaps it will touch on the Diagonal Palm Shift? Anyway, whatever you decide to present will probably be sheer delight, and I look forward to it.

Cheers,

Ricky
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2008-05-31 17:08, diagonalpalmshift wrote:

My excitement, however, is fueled by the fact that these people probably are as good or better than I have heard.

See, I don't think YOU DID see my lecture, or surely you would have listed me as
an exception to this rule. I assure you my reputation far exceeds my actual skill level...

SEY
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Dorian:
Wasn't Steven taken into custody for "Hacking the Parasol" in front of a paying crowd?
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

No, when the judge learned that the parasol was only part of a costume for Bay to Breakers, the case was dismissed. By the way, I just saw a list of some of the people who will be attending this get together. That lineup is pretty impressive as well. There's going to be a lot of sessioning with some of the best this year.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Incredible Get Together in San Francisco (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL