The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Free Routine for Café' People (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Hey Guys,

I came up with an Impromptu Coins Across Routine about 2 weeks ago for a buddy of mine who was just getting into Magic. He had asked me to help him develop a Coins Across routine with very little sleight of hand that only used 4 coins and had no shells or other gimmicks to it.

So, I did! It's pretty straightforward stuff...right out of Modern Coin Magic. Before teaching it to him, I wanted to field test it to see how deceptive it would play in the real world. It was a big hit!!!! I would say more so than my regular Coins Across routine (which I use a shell for).

It won't fool another Magician, but laymen won't have a chance. If you're interested in learning my routine, I'll be happy to share. Just shoot me a PM with your email addy, and I'll shoot ya over the video.

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Hey everyone...

For those of you who sent me your email to get my routine, I sent it last night but it bounced back to me (from everyone) stating the file was too large for your inbox to receive.

When I get home tonight, I will re-image the file so it's smaller and will resend it to everyone. Sorry for the delay.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Thank you Christopher.
"But there isn't a door"
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

If you sent me your email address, I just resent you the file of the routine. So far...nothing has bounced back to me. Please email me back to let me know you got it.

Thanks!

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
A BIG shout-out to Christopher for sharing this! This 4 Coins Across routine he put together from Bobo's for a friend beginning in magic is simple, direct and doesn't look like it is overly repetitive.

I consider myself a beginner, and have just started learning some coin work. So I don't really know what's "commercial", or a "worker", but Christopher likes it enough to consider using it in his restaurant work. And, it is totally impromptu and entirely gaffless. To me his routine is clean, uncluttered, uses minimal sleights, and makes each coin across look like it happened a different way each time, with the final phase in the spectator's hands. The more I studied his video, the more I came to appreciate this simple routine.

Yes, I've got Bobo's, and a couple coin vids, but Christopher gave me the shot-in-the-arm to get on these seriously.

Christopher's instructions were concise and broke my mental block on getting to a simple but entertaining little coin routine.

How entertaining? After several days of practice, I performed it at a local tavern for a few folks, some of whom have seen me perform before. At the end -- applause. Second time, different crowd -- same reactions.

The Café community has some real gems. Bill Palmer, Christopher and countless others have freely shared helpful advice, looking for nothing in return. Thanks Christopher for helping me by sharing this.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Got it Chris!!! Thank you very much for a routine for workers. Smile
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
As did I... Thanks again mate!
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

I must say that I'm COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED by everyone's response to my Anywhere-Anytime Coins Across Routine. I think I've now sent this out to over 300 people and who knows how many of them have emailed it to others (which was fine by me).

Thank you all for your comments and support! I'm very happy to know that everyone I've sent it to liked it and even more happy that your audiences are enjoying it.

To quickly dispell a rumor that I think got started...NO! I WILL NOT BE SELLING THIS ROUTINE! It will always be free to anyone who wants it (unless you want a hard copy on a DVD, then I'll have to charge you $5.00 for the disc and the shipping cost).

I think that too many people are in Magic to try and make a quick buck. I'm not. I take our artform VERY seriously and in my opinion...the most important thing I can do is to try and contribute materail when I can to help make other people better which will in turn make our artform grow.

So as long as it doesn't cost me any money to produce, I will always offer my ideas FREE of charge to anyone with an interest in learning them.

For the record, I was receiving such great reactions from this routine, that I did in fact drop my previous Coins Across routine (Danny Garcia's) and have been using my own. If another Magi stops in, I may result back to Danny's, but I have a new gem in my arsonal of weapons...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Christopher,
Thanks for sending the routine across. As a card /ring / rope man just getting into coins, this has been a real help.
Not a knuckle buster, but effective close up magic. Also, clearly demonstrated and explained.
5 stars!
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Christopher,

Got the routine.
Thanks for a real, working piece of magic.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
Wow great reviews of it. Will someone send it to mlwsoccer@msn.com ?
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

It's on its way! Enjoy it!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Robin Z
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Robin Z
Awesome routine, I just got it.

Simple, looks clean and is very impressive.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I asked Christopher If I could see his routine.

First off, I think it takes HUGE $%#&^ to film a routine and let other magicians see it. I would do it, but then it would confirm what everyone suspects. Best off to leave them in doubt, in my case.

Christopher starts off with a brief explanation, as he did on this thread and then...made me laugh so hard while my brain was still taking in what he said. San Kinnison would be proud!

I loved his routine. And his execution of it was beautiful. I don't think it could be done better, by anyone.

BRAVO!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

WOW!!! Thanks Christopher for your review. I'm in awe! This means so much to me coming from you! = )

Never in my life did I think such a simple little routine would have been such a big hit with the Magic Community. I'm very glad that everyone is enjoying it and I'm happy to hear about the reactions your audiences are giving you with it.

Peace be the Journey Brothers...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Thanks.
The rest has been said already. Smile
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Simple and direct. I liked it. I think it also allows room for exploration (as he shows on the 3rd coin) on how it could be done differently, where misdirection can be applied. A nice study piece.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
In a world where it seems Money is King, it is nice to see someone do it just for the pure love of the art.

Thank you
Dan
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

You're welcome Dan! Good luck with it!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Got it - very simple, very nice: thanks, Chris!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Free Routine for Café' People (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL