The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Closeup Drawing Duplication (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Hi.

Can anyone recommend a good Closeup Drawing Duplication? I have heard great things about Osterlind's , is this the way to go?

Any help would be appreciated.
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
S.O.M. Son of Mindscan from outlaw-effects is that close up design duplication, I would recommend.
Very clean and clever.
Here is the link: http://outlaw-effects.com/outlaweffects/......temid=42
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yes, you heard right. I would recommend it. You can't loose without it.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
John Riggs - Mucking Marvelous peek - Gods with feet of clay 3

Tommy Pad - http://www.7mb.com/strangethoughts/products.html - allthough I'm not sure if it is available at the moment. But is a lovely imp pad.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
FYI - Tommy Pad is still available as a download from Alakazam in the UK. I bought one just this week.
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
The tommypad dvd is coming out soon too. That includes the clipboard version...
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
What else will be on the DVD? Will there be effects and so forth? Also what is the price that it will be.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2501 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Patrick Kuffs' from his first DVD-impromptu with business cards.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2008-05-31 08:33, Majestic12 wrote:
Hi.

Can anyone recommend a good Closeup Drawing Duplication? I have heard great things about Osterlind's , is this the way to go?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, that's the way to go.

Richard
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Majestic, go with Richard Osterlind's method. That way you can not loose. I am sure you will be pleased. And for more of a plus, it deals with paper and pencil. It does not need props that need a gimmick. Remember you are showing the audience you are a "mentalist."
The Game
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
177 Posts

Profile of The Game
Man you don't need gimmicks.

Billet switching is the way to go.

If you really are advanced, get Alain Bellon's Obsidian Oblique.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Toms excellent Tommy Pad is being released on a DVD by Inner Mind Productions (Myself and Peter Nardi)

Everything will be included, Pad, Gizmos, DVD which runs for over an hour with various routines and handlings. The Tommy Pad is very clever and is something I and Peter have used, along with numerous other mentalists and mind readers.

The DVD has been shot and will be ready (hopefully) within the next couple of months.. The only thing holding us back is sourcing everything you require, so there is no hunting around for you once you receive it.

Marc Spelmann
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I fully endorse the Tommy Pad - particularly as it helped get me my latest booking!

For those in the UK, WH Smiths is a great source for the pads, especially the elasticated sort.

And like many, am looking forward to the DVD. Thom's a great thinker, and has not only demonstrated it with the Tommy Pad but his Car effect in Kenton Knepper's The Secret. Utterly masterful.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-06-01 04:31, Poison wrote:
Man you don't need gimmicks.

Billet switching is the way to go.

If you really are advanced, get Alain Bellon's Obsidian Oblique.

Poison,

I see you have posted the exact same thing in 2 different threads. First of all, I wonder about the name "Poison." I'm sorry, as I know that is a personal choice, but it just doesn't seem very endearing to me. What made you choose that?

And secondly, about the billet issue. Don't you think that many of the posters here are familiar with all kinds of billet techniques? Sometimes it is nice to have an interesting prop or some type of procedure that reinforces effect. If you argument is purism, then plesae explain to me where they use billets in a real ESP testing laboratory?

See, there are many sides to the argument.

Richard
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18574 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2008-06-01 07:41, Richard Osterlind wrote:
I see you have posted the exact same thing in 2 different threads.

was he trying to perform a design/post duplication?
The Game
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
177 Posts

Profile of The Game
Richard,
I love my name.

I didn't say people aren't aware of billets. I wasn't trying to be original.
When performing mentalism I don't care if people know of past ESP tests or not. I think 90% of them don't know of those kind of tests anyway. I EMPHASIZE the purity using billet techniques which are far better than carrying a gimmick with you. You can perform anytime, anywhere with NOTHING on you. Can you think of a place where there is no paper? Well yes, some rare places. In that case, you can do other routines...

Again, IT IS MY OPINION ONLY - billet techniques are FAR SUPERIOR than other gimmicks you need to carry.

It doesn't mean that the gimmicks are not good. I have IMB and I use it in my stage show for DD as a part from a mind reading routine (billets are included). The board is used becasuse of its size, but if I perform for cocktails and table hopping I only use billets for DD. I get the same response. Simple logic for me.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
If billets work for you Poison then billets it should be..

As everyone nows I use for impromptu situations a Stealth Assassin wallet, it works for me, I use it everyday as a regular wallet and I have 20 minutes in my pocket if I need it. I can do all that is possible with a billets and then some..

I know a very well established performer who shall remain nameless who swears by a gimmicked bloke of business cards which he has all the time, it's not for me but he is well respected and as I have seen, is very effect in his hands.

Again we don't all wear the same trousers but they all suit us and seem to fit..

MS
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18574 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Exciting experiments in esp - kolb?

my trousers are nice and snug..plenty of room for my tail too..

to be honest, more often than not, I use mr. rigg's beautiful butterfly for mine...

if I'm somewhere slightly well to do, then I'll use my own little method involving an envelope that they've sealed their drawing up in and signed the licked flap (matron!)...
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-06-01 09:20, Poison wrote:
Richard,
I love my name.

I didn't say people aren't aware of billets. I wasn't trying to be original.
When performing mentalism I don't care if people know of past ESP tests or not. I think 90% of them don't know of those kind of tests anyway. I EMPHASIZE the purity using billet techniques which are far better than carrying a gimmick with you. You can perform anytime, anywhere with NOTHING on you. Can you think of a place where there is no paper? Well yes, some rare places. In that case, you can do other routines...

Again, IT IS MY OPINION ONLY - billet techniques are FAR SUPERIOR than other gimmicks you need to carry.

It doesn't mean that the gimmicks are not good. I have IMB and I use it in my stage show for DD as a part from a mind reading routine (billets are included). The board is used becasuse of its size, but if I perform for cocktails and table hopping I only use billets for DD. I get the same response. Simple logic for me.

Poison,

No one loves billet routines more than I do. I have demonstrated all kinds of pure billet work on my 4 sets of DVD's. I go through so much paper that Staples sends me a birthday card each year!

My reason for posting was to bring attention to the mistaken idea that one technique is somehow "superior" or "the way to go." There are all kinds of great techniques worth exploring that one should never close their mind to.

Richard
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I’m also a tremendous fan of billet techniques, and must say that the method Richard demonstrates on his bonus CD is absolutely fantastic. It’s kind of like a “best of both worlds” technique. Very cool, indeed!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Closeup Drawing Duplication (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL