The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gourmet Fooled by Precision Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Edh,
Well your point is taken... In the spirit of Magicans helping Magicians and Since you have informed everyone on all topics related to Precision Magic. I will announce it myself....Ladies and Gentlemen of the Café, it might not be a good idea to buy direct from Precision Magic... You see they have trouble with customer service and may not be able to meet your expectations. I hear they are sorry for any problems that they may have created, and have worked dilegently to remedy the situation. However, that's just not good enough for some, considering the complaints were very few indeed. I dare say there isn't a company on this planet that doesn't have ten times more complaints than Precision Magic. I would suggest supporting your local dealer for Precision products. If you have a problem or have a complaint you may return it to the retailer.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
EDH needs to take this to a private pm to get his issues with Precision Magic. I think they can be resolved in a professional manner there. Please attempt to do so.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Lunatik, if there is anything to be resolved, which there isn't, why does it have to be behind the curtains? I have not stated anything here on this thread that is not of public knowledge here on the MC forum.

He is offering a product in a public forum. As such I have a right to post on such thread. Do you want to keep this hush-hush. Doesn't sound to me that you want to adhere to the motto of the MC.

I have had my say. Thank you all for listening.

Dmann, good luck with Gourmet Fooled.
Magic is a vanishing art.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I think that if something isn't/hasn't been resolved then it needs to be. if the offending party is refusing to make something right or meet in the middle, I see nothing wrong posting in a thread where they are marketing another item as it will give other potential victims a heads up.

But if the offending party is doing his best to rectify the wrong or meet somewhere in the middle which is agreeable by both parties, then I say let it be behind closed curtains and let the new product flourish. I'm definitely not unreasonable and hope what I proposed is a decent solution to the problem at hand. Tell me your thoughts!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Lunatik, there's no problem as far as I'm concerned. Like I said I have no issue with Dmann.

I was a supporter of Dmann's company before all of the above mess. I will be again if he is sincere in his policies. But it will take time to convince me(not that it matters to him one way or the other).

Someone once said, and I paraphrase: a reputation takes a long, long time to build, but can be destroyed in minutes.

Thanks again guys.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2008-05-31 17:43, silverking wrote:
Mmmmm, Maxum seens to have three posts in total this past month, all of them related to hyping Precision Magic products.

Don't stop there. Take a quick scan of his posting history and it seems like every post he's ever made is in regards to Precision Magic. What a wonderful coincidence!

Not that I think he's on the payroll. Oh heavens no. I'm sure he's just an enthusiastic young man who loves the poor service and shoddy workmanship that Precision Magic seems to have become known for.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2008-05-31 16:21, Dmann wrote:
I hate to correct you but Maxium is not releasing anything and is not affiliated with Precision Magic.

If this were a fictitious character, Dmann would be telling the honest truth!

It's interesting how "Maxium" makes his initial shill post and then evaporates from the thread.
Maxum
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Maxum
I just came on here to clear up any misunderstanding. I do not work for Precision Magic. I like some of their stuff. Mr. Mann did not ask me to post this topic. I did it all on my own.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Quote:
On 2008-05-31 22:15, Magicsquared wrote:

I'm sure he's just an enthusiastic young man who loves the poor service and shoddy workmanship that Precision Magic seems to have become known for.

You are intitled to your oppinion and I commend you for atleast having one. However, I thuroughly resent your remarks. I have made my appologies, ammends, and admission about some folks (a few, nothing to the proportions to which you seem to think) who have recieved bad service. You people come on here with your HYPE about how we have the worst service on the planet, acting as if poor service is our Motto. There is nothing further from the truth, as we try and treat all of our customers with respect and dignity. We have had some trouble in the past (mostly production problems) and are trying to work them out. You are right about one thing though... the public does have the right to know that we have had some troubles in the past.

Your oppinion of our magic effects is just that...your oppinion (everyone has one) and not the gospel. Our products are the best quality that can possibly be made. I can think of many effects on the market that are just plain garbage, most are just a rehash of the same old stuff that's been made forever. I just wonder if you show all of them the same respect that your showing me? Atleast, we try and make quality items that are unique. Considering that we are manufacturers of magic and not a dealer... I understand first hand how any company might get themselves into a pickel quick if they are not careful (we were obviously not careful enough). The People do have the option of purchasing our effects from many different dealers, I mean after all, not all people who purchase magic effects buy directly from the Manufacturer. Again, we are trying to work out our problems.

So, now that everyone is aware and you all have made your points, can we talk about the trick at hand? I hope that if your a lover of unique effects that you will take a look at Gourmet Fooled. I think most will be very hard pressed to figure it out.
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Gourmet Fooled by Precision Magic....Dmann let me into the secret about this effect about a week ago.. just for me try out , no hidden agenda, no pleas to post on here, just a magician talking to a novice (me) about other effects,
led to him ofering me the chance to give it a try..
now without giving the secret/method away that is what I did..
tried it and it worked.. yer I know it's not a review its just a fact,
now wether it suits you or not is beside the point its a effect that worked,
it's up to the performer how he decides to present it..
I want to see people on here helping each other...
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
I am with Presicion, and have helped a little on this effect...It is great! The method is very cool and has never been done before in magic history I believe!! This will be deff worth the wait!!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Eric, I wouldn't be so sure of the claim of it being never done before (though I know this is just what you believe), though this is purely from the point of view of someone who is guessing at the workings.
If it's what I think, then I believe that the principle has been used to some extent, 'Raccordement' by Brent Allan comes to mind.

If used well the principle will allow for some very good things... on the other hand if not used well it will not be impressive at all.
Could go either way depending on how it's utilised.

Like I said I could be entirely wrong, but the method I'm thinking would allow for the prediction to be handed over and you'd never have to touch it again... you would not have to be near them at the moment they open prediction... can be different things, but there are limits to what.

If you have Raccordement you will know what I'm thinking...

Interested in hearing more though from those who have experience with this.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Y2John,
I am not firmiliar with Raccordement. But, Like you said "If used well the principle will allow for some very good things... on the other hand if not used well it will not be impressive at all. Could go either way depending on how it's utilised." I would add...the principal employed in Gourmet Fooled is limited.

I just found a topic on the Café about Raccordement. Very interesting.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Eric

You posted something earlier that could get you in a BIG and DANGEROUS situation:

"The method is very cool and has never been done before in magic history I believe!!"

Devin and I sent many copies of Predictionary to some well known scholars within our art to make sure I had my facts and credits clear regarding Predictionary.

In short, make sure you do your homework BEFORE you make statements like you posted earlier. It will save you a lot of grief especially when you work closely with Precision Magic.

Magically,
Frank
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Frank,
Are you saying that Gourmet Fooled has been accomplished and sold before?
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
No, I'm just saying be careful on what someone claims about a trick without doing their homework first!! I'm referencing the quote below that he posted earlier.

"The method is very cool and has never been done before in magic history I believe!!"
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Frank,
Why so coy? You know the method to Gourmet Fooled. We will be careful, but like Eric said I don't think the method has been used before in the manner presented by Gourmet Fooled. I looked at the other effect that Y2John brought up and I can see no similarities in methods. that's not to say that I can't be wrong. Both effects do have something in common... food. I will contact the originator and make sure that our effects are not similiar, and let you know what I came up with.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Frank & Y2John,
I contacted the originator of Raccordement (Brent Allen). Really nice man by the way. He did confirmed to me that His Effect Raccordement is nothing like Gourmet Fooled. I did find a lot of entertainment in his effect. But, the effects are not even close to one another. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction. It appears that Gourmet Fooled has never been in production or the method used in this way before.
Brent Allan
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
415 Posts

Profile of Brent Allan
I just wanted to jump on here and confirm that Dmann did indeed contact me and we discussed my method for Raccordement and his method for Gourmet Fooled.

As far as the method for Gourmet Fooled goes, although there are some similarities, I believe it is sufficiently different to be considered unique from mine.

I cannot speak for any similarities it may or may have with any other effects (I myself am not aware of any), but I thank Dmann for doing the right thing and contacting me personally.
Turn your business card into a relentless salesperson that brings you business!

http://www.TransformYourBusinesscard.com
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Dave

You are missing my point. I'm just stating that before you make a claim like "The method is very cool and has never been done before in magic history I believe!!" that one should do their homework before making "pie in the sky" comments like this. That's all and I was not being coy.

Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gourmet Fooled by Precision Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL