The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Viral coupon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

impossible man
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of impossible man
I have created an inquiry form on Jotform and an email list of prospects and former clients. I want to offer a discount to anyone who uses the form to inquire about a show. The idea is to send out an email with a link to the form. The email can be forward if someone wants to pass on the discount to a friend. Anyone who fills out the form gets an email from me naming the discount, and to book a show they just reply requesting a contract.

I've got about a 40-person list, including people who are involved in groups like scouts. I expect a very slight return on this, but the discount does give me a little bit of a news factor, a reason to send out an email.

Anyone ever tried this type of approach? It's just a little start, a way to remind clients I'm out there. On the other hand, since I am leaving them to do the work of referring my experience is that just the group leaders like the scout leaders will have some referrals to make.
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I've never offered discounts - but if you do, I recommend you put an expiration date on the deal. E-mails have a way of being passed around the net for years...
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Dean, I tried the discount and referral reward routes years back and neither worked well for me. Let me refer you to an excellent book that was instrumental in building my current word-of-mouth structure: Endless Referrals by Bob Burg. Look for it in the marketing section of your local book stores or under Dewey Decimal 658.85 in your library.

If you have a great show, viral marketing will work but it takes more than a single coupon and discounts can hurt your image in the long run.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
impossible man
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of impossible man
Maybe I should just announce that my book is now available on Lulu.
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Viral coupon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.53 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL