The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wireless flash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
887 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
I am looking for a remote triggered flash. Like a phism flash, but no wire. Toe switch would be great. Does anyone make these? Thanks
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes. Look for wireless transmitter for photo flashes. The are not cheap though. You could also do the same thing with a normal transmitter that simple closes the circuit on the pc cord for the flash. That would be cheaper and can be done for about a $100. If you do more than one flash you can have them all fire at the same time by slaving them with an optical slave for the other flash.

This is all standard photographic technology and readily available.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
887 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Thanks Richard.

That is an obvious solution that didn't occur to me. I am off to the camera shop.

Thanks,
Steve
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
30 years ago, I plugged my flash into a remote plub from radio shack, and kept the wireless button on me. I pressed it through my pocket and triggered the flash. Cost $40 back then.
Any home security remote button on a 110 circuit can be used for remote flash trigger.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wireless flash (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.71 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL