The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Secret Art of Monkey Business (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's been a few months since Matthew released this DVD. I started watching it again this week and it's a wonderful DVD. Very powerful routines that work in a variety of venues. I love DVD's, such as this one, that are as good or better than when you first watched them.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Thanks Christopher!

Very kind words and I am truly glad you are still enjoying the DVD! That's why I do it, trust me when I say it's not to make money :o)

"The Secret Art of Monkey Business" represents about 8 or 9 years of work, that's a long time for only 9 routines! It's great to hear that so many people are enjoying the DVD!

It won't end there folks! I have many more things in the pipeline that may see the light of day in the next year or five ;o) For now just working as a magician and enjoying life :o)

MJ

P.S. Don't forget, if you have any questions regarding the DVD I am more than happy to help!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2229 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is the card on forehead similar to Michael Finney's routine?
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
886 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
No, its completely different. I just got this DVD and I have to say there are a few things I will be adding to my arsenal!! I like Matts stuff as I have been using SIX since it came out!! Well done Matt!!!
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Judah Vee,

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed the DVD and some of my other products!

As Judah Vee mentioned my Card on Head is not at all the same as Michael Finney's routine (except for the card being on the head of course ;o)

MJ
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Just a quick post to add to the pile of praise that "The Secret Art of Monkey Business" has recieved. Not only is the DVD full of great, solid, real world material but Matt was quite happy to help me out via PMs with my questions regarding what I'd need to create the improved vanishing card case gimmick, as this was the primary reason I got the DVD in the first place. The trick certainly didn't disappoint and I'm having a lot of fun playing with it and routining it.

As far as the rest of the DVD goes, I was very happy with the material. I liked the card through bill and knife through finger in particular and the thoughts on the ring vanish and production could be just what I was looking for to finally build a routine around "The Ring Thing". Great material from a real worker - highly recommended!

Cheers,
David.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Gordyboy
View Profile
Loyal user
British Columbia, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of Gordyboy
This DVD received a very positive review in the most recent edition of Magic magazine. Since I was very impressed with another of Matthews DVDs I recently purchased (Color Blind) I figured I'd give this one a go as well.

I have to say that this is great material for just about anyone. Since Matthew is a professional performer and this material is stuff that he performs, it shows that it works for someone at that level. For me, what I liked is that everything (and I mean everything) is very well explained so even a beginner can understand it and with some practice can start performing it. None of this "use your favorite method..."
The Great Gordini

http://www.MagicCanada.ca
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Wow guys!!!

I don't know what to say, except thank you so much!

It is such a great feeling to have posts and PM's coming in from all over the world from magicians who like my work.

I thank you all for choosing to spend your hard earned money on my DVD and for taking the time to post your thoughts.

By the way David (Shodan) and I had a long PM chat re: the workings of "The Improved Vanishing Card Case" before he bought the DVD. As I have mentioned before I am more than happy to answer your questions or concerns if you have any. I want everyone to be happy (before or after) they purchase my DVD!

Cheers,

MJ

P.S. Thanks for the kind words Gord! It was a treat getting a great review in Magic Magazine....thanks Peter!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Secret Art of Monkey Business (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL