The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2008 entrée: Losander » » Questions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
Hi Mr. Losander,

I would thank you if you could answer the following questions:

What languages do you know?

What do you do when the lights expose the invisible T?

Thanks,

SM
Losander
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas
75 Posts

Profile of Losander
I speak German and a bit of French.
If thread gets exposed, there is really nothing you can do. That is about the same as when you drop the thumbtip. Our job is to make sure it does not come to that point. So when you are not sure about it, it is better to skip an effect before it gets exposed. So if I come into a theater and I cannot make a light rehearsal, I would not perform certain effects. 'Cause the only way to be safe is to test the light, AND one person has to watch from all angles.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Losander speaks English as well, much better than my German.

And adding to Losander's advice about checking out the lighting conditions. Finn Jon says that he can walk into a room and immediately sense whether the lighting conditions are appropriate or not. I believe he may only be referring to a close-up situation and not a stage performance. In any event, you will get a 'sixth sense' about it over time, with experience, and then have that second individual there to help you and check things out as Losander advised.
Coram Deo
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
Thank you.
kendavis
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of kendavis
I am trying to learn your bubble routine. I have finally learned not to breathe too heavily on the bubble, so that it doesn't float away from me. Many times, I have trouble seeing the T...or loops. How do you see them so well in dim lighting conditions?
Losander
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas
75 Posts

Profile of Losander
This is all about practice. After a while, you get a feeling where the thread is. Try to rehearse where you can see the thread very good. And then after a while, you know were the thread is. Also, when the bubble is on the thread, you can see the thread in the bubble.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2008 entrée: Losander » » Questions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL