The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "It's all in the memory" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Chuck Hickok's first volume book, "Mentalism Incorporated" has an effect that deals with having the audience say the alphabet backards in 5 minutes.

There is another system (forgot the name) that shows how the performer can remember a large amount of numbers in spectator's order.

I will try both effects, one at a time to see what fits in better.
Harris0n
View Profile
Loyal user
leeds uk
290 Posts

Profile of Harris0n
Sounds like a plan!
"There are times when the truth is necessary and times when myth-making is necessary." Nick Cave
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Just learn any mnemonic system, like Lorayne's, and you'll be able to do it. I'm up to a fifty digit number and I can memorize it in a couple of minutes or so.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Barrie Richardson has an approach for memorizing the alphabet backwards, too. It's in his lecture notes, "Concepts and Deceptions." I do like the idea of teaching the audience to say the alphabet backwards.

In Harry Lorayne's, "Mathematical Wizardry," there's a bit called TAELBPAH, which teaches you to repeat the alphabet backwards and forwards simultaneously: "Z A Y B X C W D V E U F T G S H R I Q J P K O L N M".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "It's all in the memory" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL