The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Wand thru Cup gag revolutionized. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Joe Porper and I have created a prototype mechanical prop that makes the olde Wand thru bottom of cup gag a wild and crazy effect and it looks, really looks, like the wand does go through the cup. A little more work on it and it will be ready for market... Maybe Joe will show them at the IBM/SAM combined convention.

I did this for Dean Dill and he wants the first one!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
That's histerical Pete. At a magic club meeting many years ago, a member did the cups and balls and did the standard deeper on the inside than the outside gag. Another member, thought the wand was gaffed to accomplish this. He was so disappointed when he found out the method.
chernacious
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of chernacious
This sounds interesting.. will the preview be out soon?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24273 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This is really cool!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
A full page ad in Genii and Street Magic have been prepped. Dean Dill has one of the first ones and is working out various handling ideas and will be printing the instruction sheets next week.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Hmmmmmm.... Biro, Porper and Dill aye? Gonna be a beauty I'm sure!
BTW Pete, I picked up the Sneaky Pete last week from Paul (Hocus Pocus) and it is nothing short of awesome! My Porper collection is growing!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Porper has gone into production on the wands, using "exotic" Tiger Woods (not the golfer, but tiger striped wood) Available in various colors and degrees of polish or dull for the street guys. I send the images to Porper's web designer and hopefully they will be posted soon.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24273 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's great! Tell Joe I want one. I wonder if he will make them so they fold with that neat new hinge of his!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Darn here is another one to add onto my wish list.

Keep up the great work,

Eric
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yes, hinge or whatever. I just picked up a custom one to deliver to a friend and it is polished Tiger Wood (dark, nearly black) it has the traditional screw in the middle but he can use his patented folding hinge.

Oh what fun... today both Shoot Ogawa and David Williamson came by and played with the Prototype Wand Thru Cup... to see these two apply their own style (no two more guys less alike--yet extremely skillful) to the wand through cup was a great treat. Not only were they very magical with the prop but their way of getting into and out of it were a great lesson.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24273 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You lucky dawg!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It was great fun. Williamson did his Non Goofy Comedy cups routine, and has some really clever moves and a very disarming way to load five limes in a two cup routine.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24273 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I found his "cards across" routine very funny!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
What's Williamson up to these days?

I worked on a home made version of the wand through cup move similar to the 'pen through anything' effect last year thinking I might have something new. Needless to say not much ever came out of it.

I'll be interested in seeing your effect Pete.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Wiliamson is doing a two-man act at the Castle with an 'actor'... I have not seen it but it is like a comedy sketch I have been told.

It was great fun to see two guys like Williamson and Ogawa take something you create, and have fun with it and really dig it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Wand thru Cup gag revolutionized. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL