The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where do you keep your magic stuff? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
369 Posts

Profile of Bill
OK, my wife's getting ticked off at my magic stuff laying all around my home office. I tried putting it into a nice wooden "tool box", the kind with drawers and a hinged lid, but there's too much stuff. I don't really want to put everything into a cardboard box and stick it in the closet. Having to dig through a bunch of stuff to get to that one trick drives me crazy.

So...where do you keep your magic stuff?
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Bill,

I feel your pain...and want to help out. Tell you what I'm gonna do...pack it all up in one box and ship it to me. (I'll pay postage). Out of sight, out of mind.

There! Don't you feel better now?

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
I'm allowed ONE room in the house for my stuff...most of it is stored on shelves. The props that I use most often are packed in my carrying case.

I used to keep my feather flowers out on the shelves until I found out how much cats like to eat them.

I just checked my shelves, and there's plenty of room to store stuff here too. Especially if you've got a Bowl-A-Rama laying around.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
I keep mine in plastic drawers that I get at WalMart, everything is organized and looks fairly neat...unless the wife is on a rampage then it's "that STUFF!"
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3049 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I bought some locking chests from WalMart. Works great. Also for smaller stuff, I use an aluminum pistol case. Locks, is tough, and foam filled to protect everything in the event I drop it!
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
I use a whole dresser to put my items in. I have the dressers in categories. Cards, close-up, coins, most used etc...
Rich Fredeking
GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1017 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Fortunately, we had an entertainment center built into one wall in an upstair bonus room and I begged my wife for space. However, I eventually filled the space and she found me one day emptying two drawers in my bedroom chest of the clothing inside to accommodate more stuff. I then spread the clothes elsewhere...who needs them, right? Talk about desperation!
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
Me too. I use a whole dresser for most of my magic props and the junk I don't use is waaaaaayyyyyy in the back of the drawer namely my Elevator...just kidding I love it LOL. Smile
~Magic-Al~
Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
I have a box for stuff that I don't ever use. For the stuff I do use, I put it all in a big tackle box. It locks, has small compartments on the top for my coins, sponge balls, etc. and also has a bottom part that is about nine inches high. The bottom even has six compartments that each perfectly hold four decks of cards!!! I carry it to all my close-up shows. I will try to find the tackle box brand and number if I have it.

Evan
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
369 Posts

Profile of Bill
Quote:
On 2003-03-26 00:03, kid iowa wrote:
I keep mine in plastic drawers that I get at WalMart, everything is organized and looks fairly neat...unless the wife is on a rampage then it's "that STUFF!"

ROTHFLMAO!! I thought that was just in my house. My wife has her "stuff" and the stuff that belongs to me is "that ****".
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Like Evan, I keep all of my magic in two large tackle boxes, one trumpet music case and one small unpartitioned tool box (this is the one that I take with me). All of the magic instructions are in a file folder in my file cabinet.

That's about it.

Turk

Oh!! Wait!! I forgot about the "turkeys". They are in a big cardboard box in the corner of my closet. Out of sight, out of mind.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
This question was recently asked in the prop managment section...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......4&42

A lot of good information in this thread! Hope it helps!
William Holcomb
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
Two bookshelves in the hallway and a video storage unit, one book shelf in the "foyer," two bookshelves in the living room, three desk drawers, night stand, two boxes of books in the garage, a cardboard box in the backseat of the van for "current" stuff two more video storage units in the living room, first shelf above the toilet for current magazines, one drawer in the dresser, I've also got a great magic case in the bedroom closet and the rest is just scattered around the house.

Dave
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1780 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Sell all the stuff you don't use. That's what I did. I have one clothes closet to keep rest of my stuff in order.
grahamk5
View Profile
New user
Accra, Ghana (ex-London, UK)
89 Posts

Profile of grahamk5
Our local drugstore (Superdrug) sold clear plastic make up boxes which are perfect for storing decks of cards and odds and ends. Cost about £3:50
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
If you have not used something for the past five years, chances are you won't use it for the next five years. So get rid of them. I'll bet that is more than half your stuff.

If you do not know where to go with the stuff, I'll give you my address...
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4070 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I have a six foot two door cabinet, a built-in wall shelves and several cases that I keep my stuff in. I also keep stuff in my closets and on top of the entertainment center and...I just realised I need a bigger place. Smile
Gambit242
View Profile
New user
Monroe, La
68 Posts

Profile of Gambit242
I'm currently using the "Cardboard Box" storage method... ;->

I guess today I'll head to Lowe's and buy the infamous metal case that everyone is raving about...

...Well, I just returned from Lowe's with my handy dandy storage case... ;->

Thanks for the tips!
Gambit242
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
I have three of those plastic boxes on wheels. Each one has three or four drawers. I sort them into cards, silks, ropes, coins, etc. They are lightweight and roll.

I put what I want to use in a show in one. Then I can bring it with me. The drawers are useful for dropping stuff into when I need them.

The sorting and unsorting is still a pain and drives my wife crazy. Sigh.
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
crazyhands
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of crazyhands
I read somewhere that Zip Lock bags help keep everything nice and organized, just place a label on each one describing the type of effect and any other important info, hope that helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where do you keep your magic stuff? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL